Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My premium account was upgraded to family premium, why?

My premium account was upgraded to family premium, why?

I noticed a higher charged on my PayPal statement and discovered that this month my account was upgraded to premium family. Why?
4 Replies

It seems like you clicked the Change to Family Premium button. Where do you play Spotify? Android, iOS, Web or Desktop?

I play it on all devices. I never login into my account to change anything. I think my account was hacked. How do I ask for a refund? I have not used the family premium features.

Hello @Ibdefaria. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

This isn't cool to hear. I would agree with @Shadow9XCav that it sounds like your account was switched over to Premium for Family. Let's find out what's going on so we can get things straightened around. 🙂

If you're sure you didn't sign up for Premium for Family, I would immediately change your passwords and click the Sign Out Everywhere button on your account page to secure your account.

Next I'd cancel your Premium for Family subscription via your Account Subscription page. (But only if you're not going to use the benefits of adding up to 5 additional family members to your account.) You can get in touch with Spotify Support about refunding the difference by explaining the situation to them via contact methods below:

If you receive an automated email, simply reply and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible. Please let me know how this goes for you, and keep on rockin'!

Okay @Ibdefaria... Do you check your account on Websites? Such as PC Web? (Not the PC Spotify App) Because you might've clicked the Upgrade to Family Premium! I also think of someone accessed your device and applied the Family Premium to your account. Tell @Kirashi the whole details since he or she is a Spotify Rockstar.

Hope to help,
Shadow9XCav

Suggested posts