Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My son can not join the family plan

Solved!

My son can not join the family plan

Apparently, my seventeen-year-old son missed an email from Spotify asking him to confirm his address within seven days. Now his account was kicked out of the family plan. I send him a new invitation - he tries to accept it and gets the message "You can not join the family plan". Please help!
BTW: is there an email support from Spotify? I can not find anything like that ...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @HerrBert.

No worries. In this case, I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @HerrBert, I'll be happy to help!

The only thing we can try is to see if the invite will work using a different email address. Could you try inviting your son using a different valid email address? Please make sure to check all spam/junk folders if you don't receive it.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

@Billy-J wrote:

Hey @HerrBert, I'll be happy to help!

The only thing we can try is to see if the invite will work using a different email address. Could you try inviting your son using a different valid email address? Please make sure to check all spam/junk folders if you don't receive it.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Thanks for the suggestion. But we tried this already. Apparently Spotify recognizes both the smartphone and PC, that these are the devices of the kicked account and denies access to the Family plan 😞
And it's really about my son, who lives in my home and - as usual for 17-year-old youngsters - perceives eMails no longer as a means of communication ...
Is there any support from Spotify that could help?
Greetings from Vienna

Marked as solution

Hey @HerrBert.

No worries. In this case, I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you very much!

The support team was able to solve the problem!

However - Spotify managed to hide the link to the conatct form quite well 😕 

Cheers from Vienna!

Hey @HerrBert.

I'm happy to hear that you've got this issue fixed. If you need help with anything in the future, you can contact them back, reply here or start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts