Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Podcast video not playing only audio works !!

Solved!

Podcast video not playing only audio works !!

Plan

Free

Country

Egypt

Device

(iPhone 13 promax .. ipad pro ,, google chrome on laptop )

Operating System

(iOS 15.4 , Windows 11.)

My Question or Issue

Joe rogan podcast finally became available in my country but only audio version … on the app there is no video available .. and on the web player the video player is shown when i open the podcast but once a play the video it disappear and only play audio .

i have tried multiple accounts … clean reinstall of the app .. disabled only audio option and still not working !

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Ahmed_elkady,

Thanks for the link.

We checked this backstage and it looks like Video is currently not available for Podcasts in Egypt. We don't have information if this is due to local regulations or another reason.

The Spotify Content team is always working on bringing as much content as possible to every country. We don't have an official timeline when this might happen.

We recommend keeping your app up to date, not to miss any development.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Hi there @Ahmed_elkady,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. This seems odd and we'd like to have a closer look into this.

Have you connected your phone to a Bluetooth speaker?

Also, can you let us know if it occurs if you're using the desktop app?

On another note, can you try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persists? It would also be great if you can let us know if you're using any VPN?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi there .. thanks for the reply ,

To answer your questions , i don't use bluetooth speakers or airpods while trying to play the podcasts . And i have tried the desktop app and it doesn't work .. the only thing that even shows the show/hide video button is playing the podcast on the web player on laptop only and it doesn't do any thing .

and yes of course i tried multiple connection and don't use any vpn . But nothing works which is weird !

thanks for your interest to help !

Hi again @Ahmed_elkady,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, is this happening with any other podcast show that has video? Also, tell us if the issue persists when logging in with a different account. You can ask a friend or family member to log in to their account on your devices to test this. This way we can check if this is account-related.

We'll be holding up. 

CarlosEModerator

Thanks again for your reply , 

and yes it happened with other video podcasts where the video player disappeared  once the podcast starts and continue in audio ,,, and yes i have tried multiple accounts from my friends on different network and it didn't work either !!

Hello there @Ahmed_elkady,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Could you send us a video and/or a screenshot of what you see on your phone and web player so that we can take a closer look?
It is definitely some unusual app behavior.
Providing the podcast URI/ Link of the episode in question could also definitely come in handy.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

Much appreciated!

ElenaModerator

Hi there , 

in this screen record on my web player on ipad safari .. once i load the page the video player is shown and i can make full screen even ,, but once i press play it disappears and even when i press the show and hide button nothing happens . 

as for the situation on the apps on my iphone and ipad there is no play and hide video to begin with its just shows me the audio version directly .

https://open.spotify.com/episode/642rv0qog8WBKsVRgUydtu )

This is the episode i used to view the issue with , but it occurs in any video episode i try to play !!

Marked as solution

Hey @Ahmed_elkady,

Thanks for the link.

We checked this backstage and it looks like Video is currently not available for Podcasts in Egypt. We don't have information if this is due to local regulations or another reason.

The Spotify Content team is always working on bringing as much content as possible to every country. We don't have an official timeline when this might happen.

We recommend keeping your app up to date, not to miss any development.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator

Happening to me as well, why would you not support video? It makes no sense.

For the windows app, restart the app (not just close the window, exit the app) and try again.

When I close the video window, and then try to watch another video podcast, she don't come back.

I don't see video on my tv anymore. I'm trying to watch Joe Rogan's podcast and all I get is audio. I am in the USA on the east coast.

Hey @aruby76,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Can you please let us know if you're trying to cast from a device to a TV using Chromecast or via the Spotify Android TV app?

On another note, is this happening with any other podcast show that has video or just with the Joe Rogan's Experience? If this happens only with one episode URI/ Link of the episode would also help us identifying the issue. 

In the meantime, try logging in with a different account to test if you can recreate the issue there as it might also be an account-related problem.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator

It's all episodes on my tv which is using the Android app and also on my windows 10 desktop pc which I use a browser to get to spotify. No video just audio.

Hi there @aruby761,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am in the UK and cannot get the video portion to play on "Toni and Ryan podcast" either. Please help. I've reinstalled and checked with others and it is available to them. 

Hi there @Luce2,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Could you send us a link to the podcast and also let us know if you can't see the video for it on all your devices?

Also, do you see video for other podcasts?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator

this suck gonna shut it all and trow the pc into a river ands never watch chit again thnx

Hi Alex, 

Is this issue still available? 
Thanks

Hey @heshamberam,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

At this point, we don’t have enough information regarding what you're experiencing. Are you having an issue with a podcasts? If that's the case, please send us a full description of the inconvenience you're having and we'll do our best to help you further!  

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator

Hey Elena happening with me too! My video podcast option is gone and I tried everything trust me , please fix it 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6GlDWJrQN9FbgTiSTWqDzZ?si=1_OXlivkSrylg2z3jBzg9Q

Suggested posts