NEXT STEP

My subscription has been changed for more expensive without me knowing

My subscription has been changed for more expensive without me knowing

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

My Question or Issue

Hello I just changed my subscription for premium family but I noticed that I have been billed for "Premium + headspace" for two months this year and I know that I haven't changed from "premium". Why Spotify changed my subscription without me changing it? And why should I pay for that?

I would happily pay more if I change my plan myself but if Spotify changes it and bills me more than I have chosen to pay it is WRONG. If I've been "noticed" about that with an e-mail that is not enough since I haven't accepted anything.

1 Reply

Hey @Potaatto,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

To clarify, if you were in the process of upgrading from a standard Premium to the Family subscription and then you noticed you were actually subscribed to Premium+Headspace, we can confirm that Spotify can't change the nature of your subscription unless you do, either through any of the the subscription pages themselves or in your account overview

On the other hand,  if these unexpected charges have taken place on a different monthly date than your Premium Family ones, it'd be good for you to take a look at this support site article and follow the steps featured in the section More Help > Do you have more than one Premium account? to find and act on the source of these unrecognized charges. If you need further help with this, you can get in touch with our folks in the Support team by following the steps described in the bottom part of the same section. 

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts