Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

NZ - Unable to upgrade to Duo or Family

NZ - Unable to upgrade to Duo or Family

I'm currently using spotify Premium and have been a self-paying member for two years (i.e. not through a third party provider)

I'm trying to add an account for my son and wanted to get Duo, or Family - although either upgrade has the same problem.  When going to my premium "upgrade" area and selecting Duo, everything seems to work until I click "Change Plan".  At which point the result coming back is "The payment failed. Please try again, or use a different payment method. Go to our support."

I've updated my payment details without any problem, adding my credit card again without any issues...  payments have been made from this credit card for about a year now.  There is no information on the support page about why this was happening.

I have no idea if being in NZ has anything to do with it...  Spotify is well supported here, and I know of many other people using the family plan.

I attempted the upgrade via PC/browser, so the platform(s) I use shouldn't be relevant

Any thoughts please?

Edit:  I've tried Chrome & Firefox and tried again with uBlock origin turned off

1 Reply

Hey @FullBoarNZ,

Thanks for coming to the Community 🙂

I'd recommend trying it with another payment method to see if it makes any difference.

Additionally, you can also contact the issuer of your payment method that you are primarily trying to use to check if everything is working as expected.

Let me know how it goes.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts