Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Premium Subscriber but Can’t Select Audio Quality

Solved!

New Premium Subscriber but Can’t Select Audio Quality

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

IPhone 11 Pro max

Operating System

(iOS 14.7.1 

My Question or Issue

I app says I’m premium but when I connect to my Denon AVR-X6500H under audio quality it says “These option are not available when listening on another device.”  Surely this is a common situation.  If I can’t adjust them what level of quality am I getting?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jangell2 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

When you're streaming to receivers (Denon AVR-X6500H, in your case) via Connect, the content should be automatically played at the highest quality. 

For more info about audio quality, I'd recommend checking out this support article.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Jangell2 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

When you're streaming to receivers (Denon AVR-X6500H, in your case) via Connect, the content should be automatically played at the highest quality. 

For more info about audio quality, I'd recommend checking out this support article.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star

Your answer was more useful as the article just says you can’t select audios quality when using Connect.  You told me I’d automatically get the best quality that would work.

BTW, what is Connect?  I’d also like to understand the flow of data when using my iphone.  I kinda think that the phone sends commands of what to play to the internet, the AVR receives the commands via the internet, and music is downloaded by the AVR.

Hey @Jangell2 ,

Thanks for your question 🙂

The Connect is a feature that allows you to use one device as a remote while the playback is coming from a different device. When using Connect, the content is played directly from the device that is doing the playback, the remote only sends the commands to the servers.

You can learn more about it here.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts