Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New profiles with free subscription have premium features

Solved!

New profiles with free subscription have premium features

I recommend Spotify to my friends. They created the new profiles with the free subscription. But it looked like a premium version, they now can choose any song to play and play the previous song, they don't even have ads,have unlimited skips, also they have the different design ( covers are bigger than usual ). I decided to check it, created a new profile, and it was true. I will attach the screenshots. I am just concerned because I would love that too. Why do new members have these features that I don't when I use the app for about 3 years now? Or maybe it's temporary? 

Screenshot_20200718-235537_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200718-235116_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200718-235104_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @VEKA!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community. I'll try to clear things up ^^

It sounds like you and your friends currently have the 7 day On-demand trial, which is available in some regions at the moment. This allows new Spotify users to try Premium features (no ads, on-demand listening...). This allows you to discover new music and podcasts. However, when the trial expires you will need to purchase a Premium subscription in order to continue using Premium features. 

Hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @VEKA!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community. I'll try to clear things up ^^

It sounds like you and your friends currently have the 7 day On-demand trial, which is available in some regions at the moment. This allows new Spotify users to try Premium features (no ads, on-demand listening...). This allows you to discover new music and podcasts. However, when the trial expires you will need to purchase a Premium subscription in order to continue using Premium features. 

Hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thank you so much! I just was confused:D

I'm glad to hear everything's fine now. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and https://open.spotify.com/track/6JWddKPdqvDc2WkPEi9grC?si=jbpp5DF3S2SooU1GYS-Iqg

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts