Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

One year plan upgrade to Family

One year plan upgrade to Family

I was wrong click the Premium One Year by paypal. It charge me one year payment already. And I just change back to Premium Family. How is the payment fee for the plan? Will it refund to me?

Plan

Premium

Country

Hong Kong

Device

Iphone XS Max

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

I was wrong click with the Premium One Year Plan and it charged my card, and now I have upgrade back to Premium Family, How is the payment count? Will it double charge me?

1 Reply

Hey @CuscoTsang,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for posting your question here.

If you paid for and activated a one-year Premium subscription but then immediately switched to a Premium Family one, then your next billing date for the Premium Family renewal has been scheduled for slightly earlier than one year from now. 

To further clarify, despite Premium Family being a subscription you can only pay for and renew monthly, you'll pay again for Premium Family in a bit less than one year since you had already paid for and activated one year of standard Premium: Premium Family is more expensive than the standard Premium, so that's why, when you switched from the standard Premium to the Family one, your next billing date has been scheduled for a little bit earlier than one exact year from the one year payment you mentioned.

You can check when exactly you'll be charged again for the renewal of your Premium Family by looking at the 'Your plan' box in the Account overview section of your Spotify account page. After this date, you'll start paying for the renewal of your Family subscription on a monthly basis.

If you're interested in requesting a refund, you can take a look at this support site article to see how the procedure works. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if we can help any further!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts