Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PLEASE FIX YOUR PAYMENT OPTIONS (if you can, thanks!)

PLEASE FIX YOUR PAYMENT OPTIONS (if you can, thanks!)

There was another post similar to this question, but the reply to that issue just linked one of the multiple FAQs (which referred to Spotify gift cards, not any other form of payment). So if this does end up answered by a Spotify employee, please fix the issue instead of linking to the FAQ, it'd be greatly appreciated. 

I bought a $65 Visa gift card after seeing that Spotify did say that they accepted Visa prepaid and the likes of other prepaid cards. However, this page seems exceptionally vague, or dare I say straight outdated because the payment method for said: "accept[ed] pre-paid cards issued by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover," doesn't exist! I can't use pre-paid for a subscription plan because pre-paids aren't allowed to be charged like that. So instead of just saying "sorry, we don't accept Visa pre-paids," Spotify goes ahead and gives me hope by telling me to 'select another plan and then we'll take your Visa pre-paid' or something like that. The 6-months plan was already my intention, but paysafecard is the ONLY payment method I can use to buy it. I'm sorry if there's some web-page that's been hidden far into the Spotify Premium buying page that allows a plebian like me to use a Visa gift card, but I can't find it anywhere. So please Spotify, if pre-paids besides paysafecard are no longer accepted, update this h*cking page to say that they aren't, cause now I've wasted $65 worth of Visa gift card that I really wanna spend on Premium (but I can't). A quick disclaimer before I get hit with a link to this page or something, yes, my payment attempt was with a Visa gift card that is registered, and waited on for 24 hours, and in an incognito browser, and meets all the other requirements. That's not the issue. The issue is there is no payment option for Visa pre-paids. Now please either fix the FAQ, or help me give you my money.

Sorry for being so aggressive, I just want to spend my money and I'd really appreciate any help given! Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

1 Reply

On a second series of investigations and attempts, I realized I made a blatant mistake. My gift card doesn't allow monthly billing, and that's why it won't allow me to pay for Spotify that bills 9.99 a month for the regular subscription! Spotify only allows paysafecard for one-time payment options, so my gift card was basically rendered useless to Spotify... BUT WAIT:

For that one person in the world who might have the same problem as me, Spotify DOES offer Paypal as an option, so even if your gift card doesn't allow monthly billing, you can still create a Paypal account and allow Spotify to bill your card monthly through there (cause that works, apparently) - just make sure to cancel the subscription before your gift card runs out of money because that might raise some issues. I haven't exactly waited a month to see if my gift card will work through this method, but it doesn't seem to have a problem with it so I'm assuming it's fine. To the one person who needed it, hope this helps!!! 

Suggested posts