Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paid for Premium but still a Free Account

Paid for Premium but still a Free Account

I've upgraded my free account to Premium by subscribing with a discount plan for Vietnam, 5,900 VND/month for first 3 months. My bank account was debited 5,900 but my Spotify account still remains Free. I've waited for 2 days and tried to log out/relogin many times but nothing changed. I already tried on both phone and laptop. 

What can I do? 

Plan

Free to Premium

Country

Vietnam

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

Paid for Premium but still a Free acc

11 Replies

Me too, I've got the same issue paying for Premium and subscription shows I'm still on Free.  I want to cancel Premium but cant as it's not showing. And it's so hard to get any help from Spotify, it's really putting me off using the service!

Hey @Hamie and @Wakateri,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you are not seeing Premium features, try logging out and back in. When you log in, be sure to use the username you see stated in the payment receipt you receive when subscribing to Premium.

Should do the trick. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I am having the same problem but your solution did not work for me, what else can I possibly do?

Hey @Anna43, help's here. 

Could you check your payment on your bank statement to see if the payment is shown as pending? If so, it means that the charge hasn't gone through yet, and you'll most likely get the funds back. You can talk to your bank for more info on this. 

Another good idea is to check for other accounts, as you may have upgraded another one to Premium. We suggest that you check out this help article for that. @Hamie and @Wakateri we suggest you check that out too.

Hope that helps!

I have the same problem. the payment has happened but I can not deactivate it since it tells me that I'm still in free mode. sorry for my english, i'm italian and i do not know who to contact, the assistance did not help me

You have to be sure you log in with the correct email account. It will show as premium with the correct email. I was adamant I only had used one account but it turned out I had gmail attached which is where is showed I had Premium and then I could cancel.

Hi,

The same thing happened to me, i paid for premium account but it keep showing free. i tried all the options already given and none of them worked. I tried to see if i had the premium acct with facebook or my other email but nothing. i check with my banck but it shows the payment deduction but i never received an email for the subscription confirmation.

Please help,

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this on the Community.

If you've checked out the information @Jemi provided already, then we suggest you get in touch with our Customer Support team here. They will be able to take a look backstage and see what's happening with your accounts.

Hope that helps! We'll be here if you have any other questions regarding this 🙂 

I have the same problem. I have a premium spotify and I'm glad with that, but a three months ago I reset my phone, after that, when I try to log in on my account, my spotify status was free. I try to do everything, but still I pay for premium, when I have free.

I also subscribed to premium under the same deal but from here in Canada and I also can't access premium. None of the suggested solutions have worked. Has anyone had any luck? The fact that this has been happening to so many people is unacceptable. Spotify please help!!!

I eventually got help and I believe its because I started making negative comments before they, Spotify Support as opposed to other community members, looked into it. In saying that they were able to confirm I had another email acc which I was adamant I didnt. So I thank them for that but agree its unacceptable that they hang you out waiting.

Suggested posts