Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paid for the € 0,99 3 months premium trial, but account still on free.

Paid for the € 0,99 3 months premium trial, but account still on free.

After making an account and paying for the 3 month trial, My account is still on free. the payment has been confirmed by email and it also is displayed in the invoice page when I log into the account. Paid on 18th of March. I tried logging out on every device etc. but it won't activate premium for me. After I paid, i was greeted with the "Welcome to Premium" playlist but I did not have any premium features since then. Please help me fix this problem. Thank you,
5 Replies

Hey @MrMcCorGo no worries! 

Help is here.

Can you log out and log back in for me? Can you also make sure your on the correct account?

If that does not work can you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Jack 🙂

Hi Jack,

I tried relogging several times now , on the both devices I use:

Android 9 and Windows 10

I use the latest client from the website and also reinstalled them both. When I log in on the website and use the webplayer my account is still on free. I'm using the correct username that is in the confirmation email for the trial payment.

Hey again @MrMcCorGo can you tell me when you subscribed and if they payment went through, if it didnt it might be the reason why your not premium.

-J

I subscribed on the 18th of May, payment was done by iDeal and it all went through. I even got a email with the receipt and all the correct information shows up on my receipt page on spotify. I got a confirmation email of the payment.

Ok Hi again!

I know we did some of these things but can you tell me which of these things did not work, and if you didnt do them, go ahead and try them.

• Check the status of your subscription
    Go to your subscription page and check that your Premium subscription is still active. 

• Check the status of your payment
    If your Spotify payment is marked as 'pending' on your bank statement, it might not have gone through successfully. For more information, check out payment troubleshooting.

A pending charge is a part of your bank or credit card company's authorization process. When you submit a payment, your bank or credit card places a temporary authorization on the funds. If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.

• Check that your Premium subscription isn’t on another account
    You might be logged into the wrong account. It's possible to create multiple Spotify accounts, each with their own login details, saved music, and subscription. 

Check to see if you have any other accounts

If you are sure none of these helped I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify Customer Support for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. 

Let me know what you do,

Jack 🙂

Suggested posts