Premium

Country

Pakistan

Device

Galaxy s10+

Operating System

Win 10

My Question or Issue

I am trying to get premium in Pakistan via debit card. Both my cards (different banks) are online banking activated but the payment keeps getting declined. Since Pakistan just got added to spotify today, is there a chance that online banking is not active from Spotify's end? Kindly advise what I should do. 

47 Replies

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sharing this info with the Community! 

We've passed on this to the team who is investigating this. It is definitely helpful to know that cards from certain banks work fine.

@harry505, as your issue is related to payment in India, we'd suggest starting a new thread in the Help Boards as this thread is focused on subscription difficulties in Pakistan.

Cheers. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@anasalialamgir yeah I’ve talked to the bank and there is no issue with them. I’m using the same MasterCard for online shopping and my Netflix subscription, as I said, and it works without issue. So probably Spotify payment portal isn’t compatible with some banks in Pakistan 

@Alex thank you for investigating. Hope the issue is resolved soon

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

We haven't received any new reports on this recently and we wanted to double-check if things seem to be working better now?

In the meantime we'd recommend that you also give these steps a try:
  • The steps mentioned in this support article
  • A different network connection
  • A different device
  • A different browser
  • An incognito or private window
  • Try again after 24 hours
If you’re still experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments. You can also leave us a comment with the following info:
  • The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far and the outcome
  • A screenshot of the error message that you see
Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.
ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

@Alex I'm trouble while renewing / buying family subscription through prepaid means as it's always prompting me that I've insufficient balance whereas I've more than enough plus I already bought a family subscription with the same amount 2 months ago but now it's not accepting the payment.
I even tried buying through a card but that's also not working

I am trying to subscribe for Family plan through Standard Chartered Visa Debit card, and am also facing the same issue. It is also not working for individual one time payment plan either.

I'm facing the same issue, cant process payment through my debit card and this error keeps popping up "The payment failed. Please try again, use a different payment card or a different payment method. Go to our support" My bank says the same that there is no issue from their side. I've even tried  Incognito mode but nothing works.  I  would like to get this issue resolved before the 3 month free premium offer ends. Thankyou.

@arunmeghjiani The credit card issue is likely to take more time to resolve. I suggest you try and subscribe through your phone. They accept Zong, Telenor and Ufone.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your patience while we were looking into this.

After a thorough investigation based on the info provided, the relevant team was not able to confirm that this is an issue which is caused by Spotify, but rather seems to be due to different circumstances so we'll be moving this back to the Help boards. However, we'll be happy to continue looking into this.

If you've already tried the steps @Elena suggested here and you're still having trouble, please start a new topic with the following information:

• Are you trying to update your payment details or start a new subscription?
  • The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far and the outcome
  • A screenshot of the error message that you see (make sure to hide out any private/sensitive information)

This way, we can take a closer look into the specifics of what's happening and troubleshoot this further.

Thanks!

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts