Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Spotify and Apple ripoff : they charge you twice

[Partnership] Spotify and Apple ripoff : they charge you twice

Premium, USA, iPhone 8, iOS 10

So I’ve been using Spotify Premium for years now and what I discovered recently is that both Apple and Spotify have been charging me for the service. So you get billed twice the amount for the exact same service. This will happen anytime there is a billing issue or if you change your credit card. To make it clear I only have one account and this is a technical issue between the 2 companies.

Because the bill shows-up as an apple store bill with no additional details, you don’t really pay attention and if you call either companies they will tell you that there is no problem with the billing.

did anyone get refunded ? I have years of bills that were abusively charged to my credit card.

1 Reply

Hi @alexgrille!

It sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and you're being charged for that one as well. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info.

If you're sure there is only one account which is being double charged, you'll need to reach out to Apple as they should issue a refund for you.

Let me know how it goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts