Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PaySafe Card and Subscription

PaySafe Card and Subscription

Up until last month I was perfectly able to go buy a paysafe  card and then go to the Spotify website for subscription and choose “paysafe” as my method of payment. I’m in Canada Montreal and that option was available to me! As of today I spent money on a card and got home thinking I can do the same thing I always do just to see that the OPTION TO USE A PAYSAFE CARD has been REMOVED?!? Can anyone help me as to why this happened!! Unbelievable! 

6 Replies

Hey @user-removed, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'm sorry to hear this. Could you try using another browser or incognito mode? Also, can you send me a screenshot of any error messages being shown?

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Different browser didn’t work. Not sure what incognito mode is, also not sure why you’re asking me to take a picture. The option to use a paysafe card as a payment method is gone. For the greater part of a year it was working just fine. 

Hey there @user-removed.

Thanks for reporting this and sorry to hear about it.

Please make sure to open the upgrade page in an incognito window, here - incognito window refreshes the browser history for a clean session.

There may be changes on what payment methods are available in different areas based on different agreements, so this can also be a factor. 

Make sure that you are on the payment page, and choose "more payment options" to see if the payment method is there instead. 

Make sure that your country settings are correct. I'd recommend double-checking that by changing them with the steps here.

Lastly, I would want to have a screenshot of the payment page (where the payment options appear) so that I can have a closer look and see if anything looks strange.

Let me know what you come up with! 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

No thank you. Thanks anyways

@user-removed. 

Alright. If you need help with anything, you can always start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

@Inspireddreams,

I had the same problem, but found a solution that worked for me.

On the page where you can choose your payment method, there is a button called "Change plan", if you click it you get to a new page where you have to choose a option from "One-time payment" . After you selected the premium duration you get to the supscription page where the only payment-option is "paysafecard".

Hope I could help you,

Greetings from Germany

Suggested posts