Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payed for giftcard, doesn't work

Payed for giftcard, doesn't work

Hi, 

so I recently purchased a 10€ giftcard with a code and I wanted to enter it but it just said that something went wrong and I either should try it later (which I did) or I should look up to the standard support. I tried to follow the solutions from the instant support but it changed nothing. I don't know what to do next, does anybody have/had the same problem?

Country

Germany

Device

(iPhone 8, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Windows 10,etc.)

22 Replies

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Can you try redeeming your gift card using another browser or Incognito Mode? It might also be worth trying another device or a different internet connection.

Keep me posted and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello there,

thanks for your quick reply! I tried the Incognito in Chrome and I changed to Safari and also did the private search thing but unfortunatley it still doesn't work. 

Thank you anyways! 

Hello!

Thanks for your reply. Could you try following the steps provided in the "Gift card not working?" section of this Support article?

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

i have the same problem, i got a 30 € card and cant redeem it

Hey @Rafnika!

Thanks for reaching out. Did you try following the steps above? Let me know if that didn't do the trick and I'll see what I can suggest next 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

yes i tried a diferent browser, i tried privat window, i tried it on a diferent device and i controlled that i got the right countrie

Hi again!

Yes I did looked it up and I bought it at my local store, I'm pretty sure that the code doesn't have any zeros or Os, Ls and Is and when I bought I got like a validation that it's now activated. Thank you for the help even if it's not working!

This thread tells me there are a lot of these non-working cards being sold now.  I've tried everything I can come up with.  Chrome, Firefox and even MS Edge. Incognito, private, InPrivate.  I disconnected the VPN (which kind of defeats the purpose of having one but I'm trying to make this work).  I took it back to the store where I bought it and confirmed that "... it was successfully activated.  Spotify got your money ..." per the customer service rep.  I'm still out $60.

So this is it, Spotify?  Everything's kool & the gang till something goes wrong.  Then you tell your customers no phone support, go away, leave you alone.  Ask each other how to fix it.  We've got a problem here.

Hello @mrward4@rb4c and @Rafnika!

Can you make sure you're not trying to use the gift card to purchase a Premium for Family subscription or other bundled offer? I'd also suggest making sure you're trying to redeem the gift card here.

However, if you're still having trouble with this, I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help. You can learn how to do this here. They'll be able to take a look backstage for you.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Problem solved.  Once I got a customer service rep on chat, he dealt with it.  I still don't know what the problem was but the rep had me send photos of my card and receipts and he activated things on his end.  Spotify makes it really hard to contact support but I'm happy with the results once i did.  Good luck, everyone with issues.

Hey @mrward4!

I'm glad to hear everything's fine now. Make sure to let me know if there's anything else I can help with and have a nice day 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/18oyq3ocsV8gcp9Ce5zL5v

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey! I have the same problem, do you know how to fix it yet? :((

Hi there @Caro191,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Take a look at this article for some troubleshooting steps you can follow to redeem your gift card. In case they don't work, there's info on how to contact supoort 🙂

Let us know how it goes!

PetyaModerator

I need help. Ive tried your "article" and it takes me to the same page. is there a way you can check my card to see if it works?

Sorry, I'm just a customer like you and I posted all I had to offer. Good
luck!

Hey @Ramseyy,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

It's a good idea to open an incognito window on your PC. Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues. Then you can try again redeeming the gift card.

To check if the card was successfully redeemed, you can log in here and click on receipts. 

In case you get an error message, you can send us a screenshot of it. Just make sure that there's no sensitive/private info visible. We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Is there any email i specific to send it too?

Hey @Ramseyy,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In case you want to share in the thread a screenshot of an error message, you can attach it via the Insert Photo option in the post editor. We'll investigate this further.

If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So I blurred all the code info and my zip code

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.02.11 PM.png

Suggested posts