Payed for giftcard, doesn't work

Payed for giftcard, doesn't work

rb4c
Regular

Hi, 

so I recently purchased a 10€ giftcard with a code and I wanted to enter it but it just said that something went wrong and I either should try it later (which I did) or I should look up to the standard support. I tried to follow the solutions from the instant support but it changed nothing. I don't know what to do next, does anybody have/had the same problem?

Country

Germany

Device

(iPhone 8, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Windows 10,etc.)

11 Replies

Re: Payed for giftcard, doesn't work

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Can you try redeeming your gift card using another browser or Incognito Mode? It might also be worth trying another device or a different internet connection.

Keep me posted and have a nice day!

Jose_MRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

rb4c
Regular

Hello there,

thanks for your quick reply! I tried the Incognito in Chrome and I changed to Safari and also did the private search thing but unfortunatley it still doesn't work. 

Thank you anyways! 

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hello!

Thanks for your reply. Could you try following the steps provided in the "Gift card not working?" section of this Support article?

Keep me posted :)

Jose_MRock Star 11

Rafnika
Casual Listener

i have the same problem, i got a 30 € card and cant redeem it

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hey @Rafnika!

Thanks for reaching out. Did you try following the steps above? Let me know if that didn't do the trick and I'll see what I can suggest next :)

Jose_MRock Star 11

Rafnika
Casual Listener

yes i tried a diferent browser, i tried privat window, i tried it on a diferent device and i controlled that i got the right countrie

Highlighted

rb4c
Regular

Hi again!

Yes I did looked it up and I bought it at my local store, I'm pretty sure that the code doesn't have any zeros or Os, Ls and Is and when I bought I got like a validation that it's now activated. Thank you for the help even if it's not working!

mrward4
Casual Listener

This thread tells me there are a lot of these non-working cards being sold now.  I've tried everything I can come up with.  Chrome, Firefox and even MS Edge. Incognito, private, InPrivate.  I disconnected the VPN (which kind of defeats the purpose of having one but I'm trying to make this work).  I took it back to the store where I bought it and confirmed that "... it was successfully activated.  Spotify got your money ..." per the customer service rep.  I'm still out $60.

So this is it, Spotify?  Everything's kool & the gang till something goes wrong.  Then you tell your customers no phone support, go away, leave you alone.  Ask each other how to fix it.  We've got a problem here.

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hello @mrward4@rb4c and @Rafnika!

Can you make sure you're not trying to use the gift card to purchase a Premium for Family subscription or other bundled offer? I'd also suggest making sure you're trying to redeem the gift card here.

However, if you're still having trouble with this, I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help. You can learn how to do this here. They'll be able to take a look backstage for you.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with :)

Jose_MRock Star 11
SUGGESTED POSTS