Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paying £4.99 a month but Spotify saying i have a free account.

Paying £4.99 a month but Spotify saying i have a free account.

I'm paying £4.99 a month for spotify at the moment and have been for a few years. I listen mostly on my android phone, I just checked which account I have as I'm fed up with suggested songs, to find that spotify is telling me I have a free account. What am I paying £4.99 a month for then? I see that premium costs £9.99 a month, so what package am I on that I pay a fiver but only get the basics of a free account? Can anybody help?
3 Replies

Hey @KezP

There used to be a desktop only plan for $5 that would just get rid of the ads. That plan has been discontinued for a few years now so I am not sure if that's the one you were on or not.

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and see what's going on

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet or DM @SpotifyCares on Twitter or send a message to Spotify Cares on Facebook.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've had a harder look and I think it was the unlimited package I was on, but can see that's been discontinued now.
I'll give those options a go, thanks for the advice.

You're welcome!

Yeah, the unlimited package never applied to the mobile app. It was desktop only and no ads from what I remember. On mobile you got the free plan. They let people stay on it for a while before sending out emails that their subscription would be cancelled unless they upgraded. So not sure what happened here. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts