Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paying for another user in a different country

Paying for another user in a different country

I sent an email to Spotify and they basically told me to ask in the forums. Spotify needs interactive chat. This is a dumb way to go about answering questions involving financial transactions. Not very encouraging. Anyway:

I typically live in the US and have a Spotify free account. I want to buy a family plan premium subscription for my mother and sister who live in another country. I am trying to do so now while located outside the US but using my US credit card (billing address of the card is US).

I cannot buy a family plan with my account as we will be in separate countries (never mind households) so I assume I need to create an account for my mother and then pay for premium for her account using my card. However, since my card has a US billing address, can I use it to pay for a Spotify subscription where the users will be located in a second country or will they get some message about being in the wrong country?

2 Replies

Hey @BSGuy,

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks @Maxim,

I would not have replied to the email as there was no indication that I should do so. I'm glad the users here are more helpful than the company itself!

Suggested posts