Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment Failed

Solved!

Payment Failed

Hi, I've been having some issues with having my card charged (error message: your payment provider is having a bad day). 

I've tried:

- Credit cards from all four major issuers

- Different browsers (desktop, mobile; with ad blocker disabled)

I'm still getting this message. For now I'm using PayPal for the full price Premium; however I cannot use the student discount with PayPal. Could you help me with that?

Many thanks,

Tianyu

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 14.57.43.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @tianyug!

I think possibly there is a block for non-payment.. I'd suggest reaching out to Spotify to see if this is the case or not they can check backstage too ๐Ÿ™‚

Let connect you to support, please fill out the online contact form. A great way to reach Spotify via Twitter and Spotify offer support here via Direct Message!@SpotifyCares, Don't worry Spotify also offer support via Facebook! Shoot them a messageSpotify Cares Facebook page.

These are the best ways to contact Spotify but be aware there maybe a slight delay to responses depending on the number of incoming support requests usually no longer than 72 hours (3 Days) You may also get a automated reply saying to check the community - we suggest you reply to this to ensure your ticket has been queued.

Keep me in the loop ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @tianyug! Thanks for posting on the Community, at the moment Spotify doesn't offer PayPal for Student Subscriptions. Below is some troubleshooting steps, Can you check all of these and make sure these are complete. It may help to reach out to your Credit Card Provider as there maybe a issue at there end. If you still have no luck let me know and we'll get this looked in to deeper ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Was your payment method issued in the same country thatโ€™s registered to your Spotify account?
    The country of your payment method must match the one in your Spotify profile, so we can verify your location.
    Check out more information on how to change the country on your account.
  2. Is your card enabled for foreign purchases, and online and recurring transactions?
    You can contact your bank or credit company to check this. You may also need to have your card set up for 3D Secure online transactions. Examples include โ€œVerified by Visaโ€ and โ€œMastercard SecureCodeโ€.
  3. Has your card expired or been canceled?
    Contact your bank or credit card company for further details or to request a new card. Then update your payment details, and try signing up again.
  4. Contact your bank or credit card company. 
    Their phone number is usually provided on the back of the card youโ€™re trying to use

Hey Ethan, thanks for the speedy reply! I can confirm that the Spotify account country matches the card (US). However, after trying other cards that have foreign purchases enabled I was still unable to complete the purchase. I called one of the issuers and they could not seem find any issues on their side. 

The card that was on my account was compromised and I had to call my bank to issue a new card; the payment lapsed before I received said card. Not sure if that's related; the payment page still won't take my other working cards though ๐Ÿ˜ž

Marked as solution

Hey @tianyug!

I think possibly there is a block for non-payment.. I'd suggest reaching out to Spotify to see if this is the case or not they can check backstage too ๐Ÿ™‚

Let connect you to support, please fill out the online contact form. A great way to reach Spotify via Twitter and Spotify offer support here via Direct Message!@SpotifyCares, Don't worry Spotify also offer support via Facebook! Shoot them a messageSpotify Cares Facebook page.

These are the best ways to contact Spotify but be aware there maybe a slight delay to responses depending on the number of incoming support requests usually no longer than 72 hours (3 Days) You may also get a automated reply saying to check the community - we suggest you reply to this to ensure your ticket has been queued.

Keep me in the loop ๐Ÿ™‚

Will do. Thanks again!

You're welcome.. that's ๐Ÿ˜‰

https://open.spotify.com/track/0A5yEBDpYDf8PjJGf5ZEXs

Suggested posts