Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment Problems due to a visa issued from a different country (crypto.com)

Payment Problems due to a visa issued from a different country (crypto.com)

Plan

Family

Country

Luxembourg

Device

Samsung s21 Ultra

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello

I am have an online Visa card from crypto.com that i use from most purchases that i make online.

The problem is when i try to sue them for spotify, i got told that the payment mode and country do not correspond.

Like i live in Luxembourg (always have been) but the visa card has been getting issued from the UK. So my question is, even tho the card is registered to me, and my billing address is luxembourg, and i also live in luxembourg, why cant i use it??

When i want to use the card i have to set my country to UK and i have to pay way higher charges then i would have to in the country i live in.

Is there any way to fix this? Why has my visa to be issued from a certain country and why dont you just look where i live and get billed ... this in a digital age, where a virtual visa card could get issued anywhere in the world.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated, because i think this is isn t working the way it should!!

1 Reply

Hey @Egothha, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

In order to use a payment card with Spotify, the country of residence (registered on the Spotify account) must match the country registered on your card. This is the reason why you're unable to proceed with the payment (since your card is issued from a different country than the one you're in currently). There is some more info on the country/region settings here

The only alternative to this is to use a different payment card if available, or you can always purchase gift cards at select electronic retailers near you, or big shopping areas. You can also purchase them on select stores online, such as PayPal (if supported in your country). You can also use the gift card and redeem it following these steps.

I hope this clears things up! If you need anything else, you can always reply here and I'll take a look for you 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts