Payment and country don't match issue with Crypto.com card

Payment and country don't match issue with Crypto.com card

umbertobomba
Visitor

Hi dear community

I have the already many time posted issue "Your payment method and country don't match" if i try to upgrade my payment method to a Crypto.com prepaid card. Sadly, all the provided fixes found online don't work for me. That's why i open a new thread with the hope for a possible solution.

Account informations:

- Spotify premium

- Actual payment method Paypal

- Based in Switzerland

All the answers i found online and i already did:

- Card is enabled for online and outside of country payments.

- Funds are available on card for "test payment".

- Card data entered correct. Tried multiple times and cross-checked with another person who entered the data with the same error message. 

- Used Brave, Chrome, Safari and Firefox in normal mode and incognito.

- Account location is set to Switzerland.

- Changed location to Singapore.

I hope someone has a solution for my issue with adding the card as payment. If i didn't mention some important infos please just let me know.

Cheers

Gil

5 Replies

Re: Payment and country don't match issue with Crypto.com card

Jeremy

Hey @umbertobomba,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

We suggest that you have a look so that your 3d secure authentication is enabled.

It might be worth to cancel the subscription so that your account reverts to our free version and then try to subscribing again from a different browser or device.

Alternatively, you could wait 24 hours since your last payment attempt to try it again, or try using a different payment method to see if it does the trick. As long as it meets all these requirements, there shouldn't be any trouble.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Markus137
Casual Listener

Hi Gil,

try UK.

@Jeremy: I had the same issue as Gil. Since I was a new joiner to Spotify I doubt the cancel&resubscribe works. For some reason it seems your system assumes the crypto.com card which are used in Switzerland are based in UK. 

Regards

Markus

Batman48
Visitor

Hi there,

Dear Jeremy, I just did all you said, and I'm afraid nothing worked 😕

As countries, I also tried Lituania and then Malta (supposedly related to the Crypto.com Visa Card) , from different browsers and even with different IP addresses.

Then I've put U.K. as someone else said and it works. 

BUT the thing is I'm based in Luxembourg (and currently located in France), so my VISA Crypto.com card is filled with Euros, not pounds.

And the price is higher in £, so I'm not really happy to pay more for no reasons. And I'm not even sure the payment will succeed 😕

I'm sure more and more people will come and ask the same since the crypto world is going crazy 😉

Please help me 🙂

Alex

Hey @Batman48,

Thanks for your post.

As this is not a standard payment method we support, you should reach out to the payment provider for any help with issues. 

Note that in order to subscribe to Premium, the country of your card must match the current country your Spotify account is set to, which should be the country you're currently in.

Hope this makes sense. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Markus137
Casual Listener

In my case it succeeded even though I had no pounds on it. But my free month isnt over so nothing got charged yet. But I am using the same card to pay in other currencies - especially CHF, and that is no problem. It gets converted to € by the card's provider and even at a good rate. 

SUGGESTED POSTS