Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment expired. Will I lose everything?

Solved!

Payment expired. Will I lose everything?

Plan

Premium 

Country

Ireland 

Device

(iPhone 6)

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Hi. I was wondering if you guys could help me. 

My Visa card expired so now when I open the Spotify app it’s just the free version. It gives me an option to upgrade to premium but I’m wondering if I do that am I starting from scratch? Will I have lost my playlists and favourited songs? 

Please let me know what you think. 

Thanks. 

Eoin. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @eoinfoster1989,

It sounds like you might've accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead.

I recommend you to check out this article for more information.

If you're definitely logged into the right account, but still don't see your playlists, I suggest you read this Spotify Answer for the correct steps to take.

Hope this helps! 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there,

You don't have to worry about that. You only lost your offline music as this is a Premium-only feature, but once you're back on Premium, everything can be re-downloaded again!

By the way, your playlists, friends, and your music library will remain the same, those are independent of your subscription status.

Have a great day! 🙂

Hi Brunelicia,

Thanks for your response. 

I just went ahead and got back on premium and none of my playlists or saved songs are there. Did I do something wrong? Do you think I’ll get that stuff back? 

Eoin. 

F934E670-1163-4238-97E9-B69024006B46.png

Hi Brunelicia,

Thanks for your response. 

I just went ahead and got back on premium and none of my playlists or saved songs are there. Did I do something wrong? Do you think I’ll get that stuff back? 

Eoin. 

3566710E-163C-4EED-A6F7-ECA5BC6DF382.png
Marked as solution

Hi @eoinfoster1989,

It sounds like you might've accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead.

I recommend you to check out this article for more information.

If you're definitely logged into the right account, but still don't see your playlists, I suggest you read this Spotify Answer for the correct steps to take.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Brilliant. I’ll try those out. Thanks a mill for your help. 

Suggested posts