Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment failed - bug of Spotify

Payment failed - bug of Spotify

If you google 'Spotify payment failed', there are so many topics, and Spotify suggest you to check your credit card. You go back to check around but nothing is wrong. So you are in a deadlock now.

The answer is simple - it is a bug of Spotify. Do you notice that when you input your payment method, Spotify doesn't ask you for your Name - the billing name, not the user name. Different credit card would have different policy, some will DENY the pay if the name doesn't match. If unfortunately the name when you create account is different from your real name, then there is large chance you get into this trouble.

The first time I try to subscribe Spotify Premium was 2018 and met payment issue. 

Surprisingly after so many years, Spotify still has this similar issue. 

2 Replies

I have been trying to pay for premium for 3 days now and it's not even letting me get into the payment portal 

Hey @iartchinyl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

When the system is not registering the card, it's possible that the card doesn't meet all the requirements for the transaction to be completed. However, if the page is not loading, it could be related to the connection. First, we'd suggest trying it on a different browser or from an incognito/private window as it doesn't store cache.

If the issue persists, could you try on a different device and on a different WiFi network to see if it makes any difference. This will give us a better look at your case to keep helping you.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts