Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment failed

Payment failed

Plan

Free (had to cancel Premium as there is no option to change the date of debit order. Now trying to re-subscribe)

Country

South Africa

Device

Huawei P9

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have had to cancel my premium subscription, as I wanted to change the date of the debit order. Now I can't subscribe again!! My payment keeps on failing.

There is money in the account, I've triple-checked the account details and even used other cards. I've tried my phone, tablet and laptop. I went ingocnito, deleted cookies, rebooted the devices, you name it.

I even created a new user account in the hopes that all will be well. But still the payment failed every time.

I started trying yesterday morning and it still doesn't work. There is no other way to pay for a subscription in South Africa. I must use my Visa.

I tried contacting Spotify via Facebook, but got no response.

I LOVE this app, so somebody HELP!

14 Replies

Hello @SharonSouthAfri

Sorry to hear about your problem! Here's what I could find that may be able to help you. 

Payment Help

Payment Troubleshooting

And for future reference, 

Change Billing Date

I hope this helps! 

- Emily

I have the same problem! I can’t change my card, I canceled my premium becaus in Help that was one of the methods and naw I can’t listen to my playlist. I am working at the bank and the payment don’t even get to the bank, your website just don’t accep any of my cards, I tried 3 different cards! I need to get the premium back, I need my songs. 

Pleas help! It’s so so so wrong that you don’t have normal support!!! The problem is from your page. Can you fix it!!!

6575E5AC-4930-41BA-BD73-2311DD7CD0A6.png

Have you tried any of the methods I posted on this thread? I am not sure what it going on. I will get back to you with any information I get.

Yes! All of them, and that way I lost my premium becaus there was the last option cancel subscription and I can’t lisen to my songs. I will wait for update, but it’s look like I’m not the only one how got problem to make payment on Spotify 

Hey @SharonSouthAfri and @Blondaaabekka,

Did you guys both receive an email confirming you were cancelling your subscription?

What should I do?

Please look at the response @CryticalAce sent and answer the question 🙂

Where can I ‘’Accept as Solution" ?

You should see a button under the reply that says "mark as solution" 🙂

Yes, I did.

Thank you, yeah it was your post

@Blondaaabekka @SharonSouthAfri

Use these instructions to mark a reply as the solution. I would appreciate if you did so, it helps other users who had the same problem!

- Emily

I am now sitting with the same problem. Had to cancel my subscription and now, trying ot resubscribe i can't pay. I have tried multple cards from different banks. I received my cancellation email, I did ALL of the troubleshooting things, incognito, logging out and in, still nothing. Get's declined everytime and I definitely have the necessary funds.

Suggested posts