Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Oneplus 6

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

My payment has failed 3 times in spotify's end. I was charged 119 rupees 3 times and the thing is, I am not sure, if I still have the premium on or not.

I need premium, but I also want the failed transaction money back. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @Srikantan 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Please, go to your account page and check your Receipt page. Check if the three payments are being shown on the list. And in the meanwhile, check with your bank or card operator if the three payments were really deducted. Maybe two of the three payments were refunded, so it would good if you double-check it. 

Finally, check if your Spotify is working well and if the Premium features are available for you on your account.

Try these steps and let me know how it goes. I'll be here waiting for your response.

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @Srikantan 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Please, go to your account page and check your Receipt page. Check if the three payments are being shown on the list. And in the meanwhile, check with your bank or card operator if the three payments were really deducted. Maybe two of the three payments were refunded, so it would good if you double-check it. 

Finally, check if your Spotify is working well and if the Premium features are available for you on your account.

Try these steps and let me know how it goes. I'll be here waiting for your response.

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hey, 

Thanks, I did check the receipts, there was only one instance of the three transactions that I had made.

But i also checked with my bank account, there has been no refund and the amount has been deducted. 

Hey, 

Thank you. 

The amount is being refunded. 

Thank you, I reached out to my bank, and they have assured, the amount will be refunded as the merchant hasn't accepted the amount. 

And apart from this, why did the transaction fail in the first two attempts?

As you can see, I am from India and the payment through the last three months have been going normally, except for the February billing. 

Is this likely to happen again? 

Hey again, @Srikantan 

Happy to know that the issue you were experiencing is being solved...

Actually, this might happen because of some problems, like an internet connection problem or a cache misunderstanding. It's frustrating, but on the other hand, issues like this are normal and susceptible to happen sometimes. However, I ensure that your account is secure and that nothing is wrong with your payment method or your Spotify account, as well. 

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a great day 🙂

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts