Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment plan switched from student to normal without my consent or knowledge

Payment plan switched from student to normal without my consent or knowledge

Hi I've been on the student subscription plan for 2 years now and I was looking through my bank statements and discovered that I had randomly started to be charged £9.99 a month from January instead of the usual £4.99 and that has gone on for 3 months without my knowledge while I was supposed to be on the student plan. I've now changed it back to the student plan but I'd like a refund of the 3x £5 extra I have been charged without my consent for the plan to be switched. It should't have switched over due to the plan ending as I verify at start of each school year and that doesn't end til June.

1 Reply

Hi @jordan1997,

Welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear that you've been paying more than expected for your Premium subscription.

Premium Student is valid for up to 12 months from the date you subscribed. Unless renewed in time, your subscription automatically continues at the standard rate for Premium Individual. You can always check the status of your subscription on your account page, under Your plan.

We send you an email when your student discount is about to expire, so that you can renew your student status in time. If you haven't received any notification form us, make sure you entered the correct email address on your Spotify account.

For full info on Premium Student check out this support page.

Hope this helps! Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts