Premium

Country

Canada (Quebec)

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've been subscribed to Premium for a long time. (9.99CAD/month) The last payment on my credit card occured on July 30th. I didn't cancel my subscription yet now I can see that I was not billed on  August 30th and my account is back to free. 

I'm trying to subscribe to premium again with the exact same card but it always get refused. The error is so generic I have no idea if it's the bank refusing the payment or if it's Spotify that is refusing my card. 

More details:

- I tried with 2 offers that are available in Quebec: the basic 9.99/month and the yearly offer without discount.

- I double checked my credit card info.

- I also just used the same card online on a different website without issue.

I feel this might be related to that free trial settlement thing but I'm running on a basic 9.99 plan and never tried to cancel after the trial phase.

I'm just trying to get back on the basic premium plan.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @PatParadize!

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble paying for Premium at the moment. I’d recommend checking out this article for payment troubleshooting steps.

There’s also some specific subscription-related troubleshooting over at our Spotify Answers board.

Hope this helps! Have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @PatParadize!

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble paying for Premium at the moment. I’d recommend checking out this article for payment troubleshooting steps.

There’s also some specific subscription-related troubleshooting over at our Spotify Answers board.

Hope this helps! Have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey, could you let me know if that worked? If not, I'll be happy to help you out. Have a nice day 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

Using my same credit card directly never did end up working but I managed a workaround by adding my card to paypal and signing up to premium via paypal. Thanks!

Still weird that the card was accepted as payment before but suddenly stopped.

I'm glad it's now working properly! Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions in the future.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6JWddKPdqvDc2WkPEi9grC

/Jose
Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts