Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment with PayPal

Payment with PayPal

Hi!

I tried to upgrade my spotify account with paypal. I saw that in Romania paypal gateway isn t avalabile and I changed payment country to USA. When I pressed the button to upgrade to premium it said **Your payment method and country don't match**. In 2020 I can't pay with paypal from Romania... Anyway, what can I do in this situation?

Annotation 2020-04-06 182606.png
12 Replies

Hi there @user-removed,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Unfortunately, PayPal isn't a payment method available in Romania at the moment.

In order to process an upgrade on Spotify a user is required to provide a payment method that fits the country the account was created at so this explains the error message you're getting.

You can view the available payment methods for you here and troubleshoot your payment process through the steps provided here.

In addition, there's a live idea supporting the option of having PayPal as a method in Romania.

Make sure to add your +VOTE and subscribe to the thread so you can be updated on any changes made.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

I can pay with my debit card, but this debit card is from maestro and IDK if this payment method is working.

Thanks!

Or I can buy a spotify premium giftcard?!

Hi @user-removed,

We're happy to shed some light here 🙂

In Romania you can currently either pay with credit or debit card for a recurring subscription or redeem a gift card to activate Premium for a specific period. 

For full info on all the possible ways to pay for Premium, check out this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have any other questions!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Can I use an UK or US giftcard in Romania?

Thanks!

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for asking !

To answer your question, Gift Cards are considered to be the same as any other payment method.

Therefore, you will have to buy a local gift card, meaning one that was created and intended for use in Romania only. 

For example, if i'm from the US and my account was made in the US, i will not be able to apply a gift card made in Romania and so on.

Hope this helps 🙂

What is the difference between spotify gift card and spotify premium card?

Hi @user-removed,

If you have any screenshots describing what you're about to buy it'll be helpful.

However, it seems to me that they are the same 🙂

2.png
1.png

I have one more question. Its so hard to create a paypal gateway for Romania?

Hi @user-removed,

thanks a lot for your patience !

Any Spotify gift card you buy will get you Premium.

Some cards might have been redesigned to include the word Premium so it'll be clearer to whoever decides to buy them.

It's possible that not all of the gift cards out there are already changed which may be what you saw - older version of the same gift card.

However, it's important for me to mention that you should be careful when selecting the source/store you buy your gift cards and choose a trusted source. 

I hope this shed some light.

Let me know if there's anything else i can assist you with 🙂

Hi @user-removed,

I've just seen you other question so sorry for the delay !

Alternative ways of creating Premium subscriptions might get them canceled or cause your payments to get declined as they aren't processed like they should - i recommend using only one of the valid payment methods available to you within your country.

Hope this helps 🙂

Suggested posts