Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment won't go through, banks says cards are fine

Payment won't go through, banks says cards are fine

Hi! 

I got a message a few days ago that you guys can't process my payment because there is something wrong with the card number you have had. So far it had been working fine for a few months. 

I called the Bank and checked and there is nothing wrong with that account. So I tried again with that number, updated the info and still it did not work.

I also tried with another credit card number just in case and it did not go through either. My bank is in Mexico, I live in Mexico and the info in my profile says the account is located in Mexico so apparently the info is correct and both accounts are fine because I have been using it to pay many things now that I am travelling in Canada and haven't had a single problem with them.

I will loose my account in two days but I simply don't know what else to do.

Can you  please help me with this?

capdellops

5 Replies

Hey there @capdellops, welcome to the community!

That's not cool. Let's try to figure out what's going on here. Have you tried updating your payment details in an incognito window in your browser? Other things you can try is clearing your cache and cookies memory before trying again or using a new browser or a different device.

Let me know how it goes!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

It didnt work 😞

Hmm, that's odd. Let's try to check if your card meets the requirements here. Also, you could try using a different payment method to see if you gets the same error, eg if you used PayPal try entering your credit card information directly.

Let me know how that goes!

K

Hey again @capdellops, did you manage to solve your issue? If not, try getting in touch with a member of the Spotify staff directly so that they can take a look backstage for you. You can reach them on social media (Twitter or Facebook) or by using the contact form. Make sure, if you use the latter, to reply to the automated email you'll receive directing you back to the help pages, even if it's from a no-reply!

Support usually gets back within a day or two.

Let me know if any of this is helpful!

K

Hi! They are giving me some time until I go back from my holiday and can
talk to my Bank directly and see what is going on.
Thank you for your concern and I will keep you posted.

Lucero

Suggested posts