Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment

Solved!

Payment

Hello!

It´s extremely difficult to get any support from Spotify. It took me a very long time even to find this page and then even longer to enter it and get a page to fill in. Why don´t you simply have a chat available?

To enter a "Subjcet" above seems to be mandatory, but if I do, I cannot get any further in the process. So I will try this without.

My questions are:

Today I changed from Premium to Family. When I see the new bill, it seems like I will pay double. First I payed dec 7 the 99 kr for Premium and now I should pay additional 169 kr on dec 31 for Family? What is the periods for which I´m paying for here? For what period did I pay dec 7? In advance or for last month? For what dates?

Will Spotify automatically give me an invoice that considers already payed period and Days?

My other question is about my daughter also now is a member in Family. Will her student payment on her old account last until that period is out? Will I pay for Family for the same period that she pays as a student? Double? (She is no longer a student, that is why its better with Family. Her Student account runs out in a few Days, you said in a message)

Conclusion: It´s not easy to understand the conditions and about how it works with payments.

Difficult both if one change from Premium to Family and also if someone goes from their own payment as student to my payment for family which includes them.

Please, tell me how it works! Best regards/Maria

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @mariafreme,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting about this. We're happy to answer all your questions and provide you with some useful info 🙂

To clarify and address the first two, you're not going to pay double but your subscription renewal or billing date will be anticipated as a consequence of upgrading your Premium subscription.

For instance, if you hadn't upgraded and stayed with your standard Premium then your next billing date would have remained the 7th of the next month. But since you switched to a more expensive subscription (169,00 kr/month instead of 99,00), Spotify simply anticipated the renewal date instead of charging you extra costs for the upgrade. Your billing date will stay the same from now on (the 31st every month), unless you change it

Regarding your daughter's subscription situation, she'll be part of your subscription and effectively become one of your Premium Family members by the time she accepts your invitation to join. This means that her Premium Student will be discontinued as a consequence. 

It also means that there won't be any more charges regarding this since your daughter's Premium Family subscription cost (and the subscription cost of the other Premium Family members you take on board) will already be covered by the 169,00 kr you're going to be charged monthly as the owner of your Premium Family.

You can check all the info available on Premium Family in this support site article if you'd like.

Hope you find this useful. We'll be here in case you need any further help with this 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @mariafreme,

To answer your last question, if your daughter was on a Premium Student subscription and had a few days left before the monthly renewal, she won't be charged neither for the renewal nor for the Family subscription as a consequence of becoming one of your Premium Family members and of her Premium Student being discontinued. 

To further clarify, Premium Family is a discount subscription for up to 6 family members who live together and is paid solely by the Family plan administrator. Furthermore, each member has their own Individual Premium account, so there’s no need to share login details.

Despite the fact she won't be paying, the Premium features of your daughter's Spotify account won't change with the subscription update, aside from the added chance for your daughter to contribute to your Family Mix.

Hope you'll find this useful. Keep us posted if we can help any further 🙂

Mario Moderator

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @mariafreme,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting about this. We're happy to answer all your questions and provide you with some useful info 🙂

To clarify and address the first two, you're not going to pay double but your subscription renewal or billing date will be anticipated as a consequence of upgrading your Premium subscription.

For instance, if you hadn't upgraded and stayed with your standard Premium then your next billing date would have remained the 7th of the next month. But since you switched to a more expensive subscription (169,00 kr/month instead of 99,00), Spotify simply anticipated the renewal date instead of charging you extra costs for the upgrade. Your billing date will stay the same from now on (the 31st every month), unless you change it

Regarding your daughter's subscription situation, she'll be part of your subscription and effectively become one of your Premium Family members by the time she accepts your invitation to join. This means that her Premium Student will be discontinued as a consequence. 

It also means that there won't be any more charges regarding this since your daughter's Premium Family subscription cost (and the subscription cost of the other Premium Family members you take on board) will already be covered by the 169,00 kr you're going to be charged monthly as the owner of your Premium Family.

You can check all the info available on Premium Family in this support site article if you'd like.

Hope you find this useful. We'll be here in case you need any further help with this 🙂

Mario Moderator

Hello!Thanks for Your reply. Now I understand. But perhaps not quite...It's not much money, but for a student the price is 49 kr and now it's in fact 85 kr already from now, so she lost money from starting in Family now, cause there was some time left as student. Perhaps only a few days but...Does it mean that her student price stopped yesterday so that until yesterday she still have that low price and hopefully just lost a few days?Best regardsMaria Skickat från min Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.
Marked as solution

Hey @mariafreme,

To answer your last question, if your daughter was on a Premium Student subscription and had a few days left before the monthly renewal, she won't be charged neither for the renewal nor for the Family subscription as a consequence of becoming one of your Premium Family members and of her Premium Student being discontinued. 

To further clarify, Premium Family is a discount subscription for up to 6 family members who live together and is paid solely by the Family plan administrator. Furthermore, each member has their own Individual Premium account, so there’s no need to share login details.

Despite the fact she won't be paying, the Premium features of your daughter's Spotify account won't change with the subscription update, aside from the added chance for your daughter to contribute to your Family Mix.

Hope you'll find this useful. Keep us posted if we can help any further 🙂

Mario Moderator

Hello!I got answers to the questions I asked. Now you are sending me more emails about things that doesn't concern me. Why? I would appreciate not having them cause there is enough of emails to handle as it is.Thanks again for your help. I will ask again when I need your help but for now I'm satisfied.Best regardsMariaSkickat från min Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.

Hello @mariafreme,

Apologies for the post not related to your questions!

Sometimes our users looking for help post their questions onto other users' threads which might seem related to what they're seeking help about.

This is why you were notified about this post. 

We went ahead and created a separate, specific thread for the post so that you won't be included in or notified about the related conversation.

Thanks for your understanding and collaboration.

Let us know anytime if we can help 🙂

Mario Moderator

Hi Mario!Thanks a lot! No problems. It's not a big deal but I appreciate it. Don't understand how it all works with threads, since I don't know much about social media (if this is kind of that). I don't even have Facebook or Instagram.Merry Christmas!MariaSkickat från min Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.

Hi again @mariafreme,

Wish to thank you once more for your constant understanding and kindness 🙂

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you too!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts