Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium 

Device

iPhone 6

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I have been paying Spotify from my bank account linked to my Paypal account (so not a credit card). I changed banks and want to pay Paypal from the bank acocunt that is linked to Paypal. When I choose Paypal from the payment options I'm being asked to add a credit card( by the Paypal app) since Spotify will only accept credit cards. But I have been paying the whole time from a bank account and not from a credit card. Now Spotify is threatening to shut down my account for non-payment.

I have no wish to pay by credit card.

Can someone help me solve this issue? 

Many thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Guy_G

If you're still having troubles, please give it another try by following these steps instead:

1. Open an incognito or private window in your browser.
  2. Log in to your account page.
  3. Select Subscription in the menu on the left.
  4. Under Payment details, click UPDATEYour changes will then take effect on your next payment.

If that doesn't do the trick then they can try the following steps:

1. Cancel your subscription.
  2. Wait for your account to revert to Free. You can check this on your subscription page.
  3. Resubscribe to Premium.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there,

If a regular Spotify payment doesn’t go through on the usual renewal date, you’ll receive an email notification but you won't immediately lose your subscription. Spotify will keep trying to take the payment over the next few days.

If your payment doesn't go through successfully after that time, then, your account will simply revert to the Free version.

Don't worry, you won’t lose any music or account settings by reverting to Free.

You can always redownload anything the content you had before listening offline once you’re back on Premium 🙂

In any case, if you have any troubles paying with PayPal, I'd recommend checking this support site article

If that doesn't work, please let me know! Have a great day. 🙂

Dear Brunelicia,

Thank you for your answer. 

I followed all the instrcutions in the link you posted. The problem does not seem to reside there. 

I posted here the same day as I contacted Paypal. They replyed the same day and linked the Spotify transactions to my new bank account. 

Hi @Guy_G, just to confirm, could you update all your payment details successfully? 🙂

Apparently not. I’m still getting payment demand mails from Spotify. 2-days left on the clock. 

Marked as solution

Hi @Guy_G

If you're still having troubles, please give it another try by following these steps instead:

1. Open an incognito or private window in your browser.
  2. Log in to your account page.
  3. Select Subscription in the menu on the left.
  4. Under Payment details, click UPDATEYour changes will then take effect on your next payment.

If that doesn't do the trick then they can try the following steps:

1. Cancel your subscription.
  2. Wait for your account to revert to Free. You can check this on your subscription page.
  3. Resubscribe to Premium.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Cancelling and resubscribing did the trick.

Thank you!

Suggested posts