Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Plain downloaded music

Plain downloaded music

I have a Spotify premium account. I've downloaded all the songs in my library to my phone. Do I have to go into offline mode to force Spotify to play the songs from my phone and not use any data. In other words if I'm not in offline mode will Spotify default to playing the songs from my phone instead of using data. I want to stay in online mode because I sometimes use the online features of Spotify and it's a hassle to switch back and forth.

3 Replies

Hey!
If you're not in offline mode, and have an active WiFi or data connection, your songs will be streamed through your connection rather than through the phone's offline storage. I don't think there's a way to play offline music if your phone has a connection and isn't in offline mode.

Hello, that is actually not true. If you have a song downloaded it will play that version instead of streaming it. It does not matter if you are online or offline. Keep in mind that the app may still use some data, to load things like images and last.fm scobbling (if you have it configured)

Thanks for your help.

Actually Lauren is right. I realized I have an app that displays data usage for each application. I played downloaded music without going offline. After 15 or 20 minutes, data usage for Spotify had gone up by 10 mb. This is too bad. I'm think about giving another service a try.

Suggested posts