Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playstation Premium Discount

Playstation Premium Discount

So Playstation recently announced a promo that if you're a PS+ subscriber and sign up for Spotify Premium through the app in PSN that you'll receive 10% off your monthly charge - however I'm already subscribed to both and have my accounts linked.  Is there a way to apply the discount to my account or do I have to cancel Premium/unlink my account and then re-subscribe to premium through the Playstation App?

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-plus/spotify/

17 Replies

Good question. I'm keen to find this out too!!! Hope it's available to existing and long serving customers of both services!! 

I have my PS4 account linked to my Spotify account and I do not see the discount applied when I login via the browser. 

Do I have to pay using the PlayStation wallet? If anyone got this working, please share your secret. 

This made me problems on 11/04:
I have a premium account and before my monthly renewal, in the same day, i buyed the subscription from PS Store, payed the money and expected i won't be charged again, with the full price. But i was -> i was charged twice on the same day, for the same account: once from ps store, with the 10% discount, and once from my initial subscription, full price.

After the ps purchase, on my playstation appeared that i have premium activated with renewal on 11/05. On my laptop appeared that the renewal wasn't yet made, and the date for renewal was 11/04. After a few hours, they charged me like there were 2 accounts.

Note: the accounts (spotify and ps) were already linked, long time ago.

How can i get my money back? Or a free month...

Searching for this too, I have a membership on both, do I have to cancel my subscription and then subscribe through the Playstation app?

Same here, I have a premium account link to the ps4 with ps plus... How do I get my 10 % discount? 

So are we gonna have an answer soon? 

Anyone from spotify can help us with this?!? Already a member,  how do we get the 10% saving from being already a spotify member.

So is Spotify staff going to give us an answer or just ignore us

What you have to do is cancel your current Premium subscription on the Spotify website (login to your account and cancel it) and wait until your current subscription reverts back to the "Free version" (can take up to 1 month depending on your renewal date). When you have the "Free version" again, go to your Spotify app on your PlayStation and upgrade to the Premium version again. Then you'll be charged €. 8,99. I tried it myself and this works.

Hello!

If you have a current Spotify Premium account (direct from Spotify, through a carrier, etc.), you will need to cancel that subscription. Then once you are reverted to Spotify Free, link your Playstation Plus account to Spotify and allow Playstation Plus to be your Spotify biller in order to receive the 10% discount.

Hope this helps:

https://www.playstation.com/en-au/explore/playstation-plus/ps-plus-spotify-premium/

Did you actually read what I wrote? There is no need to post the same info twice.

Thanks but if I do that I will loose all my song in the librery?

No, that will stay the same. For example if you have downloaded songs to your mobile device, only the download will be removed but not the song itself. So your playlists will still be there, only the physical download will be removed.

Ok then, thanks you!

I have Spotify Family right now.. would be a huge pain to cancel that sub.. just so I can re-sub on the PS Store once my current sub expires. Hopefully they'll figure out a better to apply this discount to current Spotify members.. or give us an option to switch it to a PS Store Spotify sub... don't know why by linking my PSN and Spotify account doesn't automatically do this..

Hi everyone,

I made a new Spotify account because my old one is linked to an unrecoverable, old PSN-account... 

So I signed up to Premium using the app on PS4, like Playstation told me to, but it says that I'll be charged 9.99 next month, not 8.99. Does it say the same for you guys?

Does the 10% work for Family plans as well ?  I just cancelled since I renew on the 28th which I will test then I guess.  

Suggested posts