Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Possible to change Premium trial to Premium Family Trial?

Possible to change Premium trial to Premium Family Trial?

Hello,

We wanted to try Premium Family but I could only find a 3-Months free Premium Trial to test Spotify. So i did...

After an hour my wife came home and did find a 3-months trial for Premium Family.

She activated this, but her account came out as a free account.

Still she paid 1 Cent to activate the Premium Family trial and she did got the Welcome mail... 

So, now the question is; how do we get the 3-Months Premium Family Trial?

Is there a way we can convert my Premium to a Premium Family Trial or can we merge both the trials into one Premium Family Trial, or is there something else we can do to still get the Trial my wife opt-in for?

To be clear; we only want to try 1 Trial of the Premium Family. 😉

Looking forward to hear from you.

Wit kind Regards,

Chris.

6 Replies

I am having a similar issue. I activated the premium trial by mistake when my intention was to activate the family trial. They're both in the same 3 month trial offer so it should be possible to convert my account to a family 3 month trial?

firefox_2020-06-30_17-31-18.png

I managed to resolve this by seeking help from the live chat. The guy was very kind (promote Ron!) and with some trouble managed to help me out.

We landed on a solution where he cancelled my premium trial that I had just activated and then activated for me a premium family trial instead.

It's not possible to upgrade a premium trial straight to premium family trial, but with this workaround of cancelling the existing premium and then enabling family the issue was resolved.

You may have to persist a little bit but there is a workaround.

Thanks for the answer!

Good to hear that there is a solution from Spotify.

But....uhm.... I can't find the Live Chat.....

Am I looking at the wrong places? Or has it been disabled?

Thanks, that worked!

Unfortunately they couldn't convert my premium trial to a premium family trial. 😞

He could see that my premium trial has started yesterday, but there were no options for upgrading....

The only option there is, he said, was quitting my premium trial (what means that my remaining 89 days of the free trial would be forfeited) and start a payed subscription.

Now, that was not our intention.

We wanted to try this first to see how this works in contrast to youtube music...

Hey there @Danmelcai,

Glad to have you on the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

If you've already signed up for the Premium Individual free trial offer you won't be eligible for another trial, even if it's on another account.

You can switch to a different Premium plan during the trial, however, this may shorten the length of the free Premium time left. If you'd still like to upgrade to Premium Family you can try this link.

Hope this helps. We'll be here in case you have any other questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts