NEXT STEP

Premium Account shows as Free account

Premium Account shows as Free account

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 7 Plus, Google Home, Windows 10)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Although I have a Premium Account, my Account Overview says that I have Spotify Free on both my Windows 10 laptop and iPhone 7Plus. My Spotify username is [snip - removed by moderator]

5 Replies

Hey there !

Let's try this basic first steps guide here to see if it can help solve the issue.

If t hasn't reach again and we'll follow some more steps to fix the problem.

Good Luck!

Your suggestions do not work. I have tried it several times and it still says that I have a Free account although I've been paying for Premium for over 4 months.
Please note that:

1. For the past several months, I have been able to play from my PC and iPhone to my Sonos speaker.

2. I recently bought a Google Home and found that Google Home did not play certain content because I did not have Spotify Premium.

3. To fix the problem, I tried logging off both my PC and iPhone and relogging in. This is when it changed my Premium account to a Free account and did not allow me to stream to my Sonos speaker.

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting back to us!

It's possible that you have a second account you do not know about. You can use this article to find any other accounts you might have.

Another possibility is that your subscription has stopped which can happen due to various reasons. In this case we suggest to resubscribe. But be sure to find out if you don't have another account first. Because if your Premium account is still out there and you resubscribe, you might be charged twice.

Hope this clarifies some things. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I only have one Spotify account, a Premium Account that has slipped back to a Free Account although I am being billed for it each month – last billing Nov 11, 2018. I have gone through your procedures of verifying all my email accounts and logging off all devices and logging back in again. Nothing has changed.

How does one file a support ticket with Spotify?

Hey there !

Thanks for getting back with us.

Don't worry, i know it's a bit confusing sometimes but we'll do our best to solve it with and for you.

Something else i suggest you do is to check what happens if you ulink all devices conected to your Spotify account - Google Home/Sonos and FB if it's connected.

After you disconect and ulink them properly try and log in again.

Let me know if this helped.

Suggested posts