Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Cancelled Without Consent

Premium Cancelled Without Consent

I’ve had premium for some time now. For some reason, I went to listen to music today and it started playing ads. Now my account says that I am on the free version. Not sure why it switched, but now when I try to get premium again, it only offers the family version of premium. Does Spotify no longer offer the individual premium accounts? 

4 Replies

Hey @Sassacassafras

If you went to the premium page and it only shows the family plan, then you are still probably subscribed to the regular individual plan.

What most likely happened is that the payment failed to go through. When this happens you are supposed to get an email.

Please go to your acccount / subscription page and tell me what you see. You should be able to see what is going on with your subscription and correct any payment details.

https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It says I have Spotify free and gives me the option to get premium. 

As I review it now, there is an option for more offers. One is a lump payment for an entire year, but the only payment option is a paysafecard and I don’t have one of those. It won’t give an option for credit/debit or PayPal. 

I suggest you contact support so they can look at your account and help you

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also:

• Tweet or message @SpotifyCares on Twitter

• Send a message to Spotify Cares on Facebook

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts