Premium Duo

Country

Chile

Device

(Asus Laptop, etc.)

Operating System

(Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I recently changed my plan to Premium Duo, but when setting my address it says it can't find it and no matter which address I put it. Seeing the request there are making, you have an internal error in your API.

That's the url i'm trying to set my address: "https://www.spotify.com/cl/duo/setup/"

That's the API url:
"https://www.spotify.com/cl/home-hub/api/v1/family/address/autocomplete/"

500 - Internal Server Error.

Please can you guys check what is going on? Without it I can not configure my plan.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Peter.

I tried again and it worked. The problem was that the second account country was different from the main account. Changed this, I was able to add the new account in the Premium plan. Thanks.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

That's the url i'm trying to set my address: "https://www.spotify.com/cl/duo/setup/"

I`m getting the same error in my country for this page: https://www.spotify.com/ar/duo/setup/

I can´t set the address so I can´t enable the second premium account.

Hey @douglasogarrido and @diegovilla81,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

This is an issue which we're currently looking into.

Make sure to head here - we'll make sure to keep you posted in the thread.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

Hi Peter.

The issue has been partially resolved. I managed to register an address, but the other account when I will add and confirm the address, says it can not find.

Already tried to use the mobile phone address, tried main avenue and tried address with and without numbers, but on the second account, says not find.

I do not know what else to do to solve, can you contact me by private or by email?

Thanks.

Marked as solution

Hi @Peter.

I tried again and it worked. The problem was that the second account country was different from the main account. Changed this, I was able to add the new account in the Premium plan. Thanks.

Hey @douglasogarrido,

Hurray! Glad to hear you managed to resolve it 🙂

Also thanks for letting us know how you did it - now other users with a similar issue will be able to benefit from your answer.

Thanks again! Stay awesome 🙂

I have a Spotify duo account and it only allows one of us to use it. It says the addresses won’t match or connect no matter how many times we try.

Hey there @Lynnemynatt71,

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

If someone else wants to join your plan, they'll have to take into account the following:

1. They have to live with the plan manager (the person who signed up)
  2. Enter the correct address (the same you set when you created the plan)

Note that the country of your accounts need to match the country you're currently residing in. To check this, you can go to your Account pages to verify these details on your accounts. 

Also, make sure that the address set on your account (The Family/ manager account) matches exactly the one your family member is entering when accepting the invitation.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey how do I change edit the address because I’m encountering the same problem it keeps on saying try again later and the address is the same

Hello we’re you assisted, if so please help out I’m encountering the same problem 

I have the same issue. I created my account back then in Germany. I live in Belgium now and I wanted to add an account for my wife. After clicking on the invitation it says "you seem to be in a different country" blablabla. The address I indicate is the same in Belgium though. And I can't change the country of my account to Belgium. When I change the payment method to a Belgian card, it still says "GERMANY". So I can't change the country, it's really annyoing. Can you assist please, because I am now paying more for a service I can't use. 

Litte precision, I have a Premium account and now switched to a Duo account but I can't use the additional account to to that country issue.

Hey @bastian-be,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

You mentioned that the website is not letting you change your address, right? 

We'd recommend clearing your cache and cookies and trying again. You can do that from your browsers settings. If that doesn't help could you send us a screenshot of how things look on your end. 

Cheers. 

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Martin,

The problem is not the adress, the problem is the country. I can't change it. We are living in Belgium now and using spotify there. But my account had been created in Germany and this apparently causes an issue.

Even if I indicate my current address in Belgium and then invite my wife to share the account and she indicates the same address, it won't work, but say that "she seems to be in another country" and that duo does not work then. 

So I want to the change the country of my account to Belgium but it seems that is just not possible.

What is the solution here?

Thanks for the response @bastian-be!

If you created the account in Germany, then most likely the country on it is stil Germany, even if you've provided an address in Belgium for the Duo plan.

When it comes to changing the country on your Spotify account if it's on Premium, the way to do this is by updating your payment details (to a Belgian card like you mentioned) and if you've already done this, but it still says Germany then you'd have to wait for the payment to go through and the country should update as well. 

When your next payment is made and the country on your account changes then you should be able to invite your wife to the plan.

Hope this helps clear things up and keep us posted.

Take care 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Ivelina,

Yes, I already updated the payment method to a Belgian card. So I just have to wait until the next payment I figure.

Even though I find this a bit strange, because I should be able to use it right away, as everyone else who hasn't changed country, because somehow it feels like I am already "paying" for it while not being able to use it. Thanks in any case, at least I can stop searching the net for solutions now. Best, Bastian

Suggested posts