Premium Duo

Country

Canada

Device

Macbook

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

I upgraded to the Premium Duo plan this morning and can't add my significant other. There is no link in my account and when I use the invite link (per the Spotify help page), nothing happens - the circle goes around and around.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @cordeliafrance, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try sending another invite to them using a different browser or private window here? Keep in mind that the plan manager (the person who started the plan) can invite or remove members. 

The invitee needs to log into (or sign up for) their own account to open an invite. 

The plan's manager may need to log out first if they're on the same device.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @cordeliafrance, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try sending another invite to them using a different browser or private window here? Keep in mind that the plan manager (the person who started the plan) can invite or remove members. 

The invitee needs to log into (or sign up for) their own account to open an invite. 

The plan's manager may need to log out first if they're on the same device.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Billy-J,
I tried opening that link in an incognito window and still nothing happens. I started the plan. My SO already has an account and we don't use the same devices for our accounts.

Thanks for responding to me so quickly. 🙂

I went home and had a second look and figured out that I missed something - now it's working.

Hey @cordeliafrance,

I'm happy to hear everything is back on track. If you need help in the future, don't hesitate to start a topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I'm having the same problem. What did you do??

I realised I never actually purchased the plan. I had selected the Premium Duo and clicked on the "update" button next to the PayPal button under payment (which just updates your PayPal details). I had to select the green "change plan" button underneath the description instead. Then it took me to the address page. For my SO, I had him cancel his Premium plan and select Duo instead and he had to input his address to be able to join my Duo. I hope this helps!

Oh, I did the exact same thing! In retrospect, pushing the green button seems so obvious, but the fact that (at least!) two of us did this means there must be something to our confusion. It must have been the odd wording "your plan starts today" along with the "update" button being strangely placed to make people think that was the button to push.

Haha yep, definitely one of those "can't see for looking" situations. I'm glad you sorted it out! 🙂

Suggested posts