Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Duo Plan

Premium Duo Plan

Hello,

I have been using Spotify since 2019. I have been using Spotify Premium since 2019 in Canada. I had an idea of sharing one account with my friend and my friend can have his/her own playlist, songs. I thought it was a good idea, but the problem is that my current plan is an individual plan which is the Spotify Premium Plan $9.99 + tax. So, I went to Spotify and checked out other plans they offer, and I saw the Premium Duo Plan. I am interested in this plan. 

I was wondering if this plan works if my friend uses my Spotify account (one account with two people) and creates his/her's playlist, and also listens to whatever songs my friend wants, without disturbing me listening to my own music and my account (without logging out)? 

Also, the no refund, I don't understand, can someone explain it to me, please? 
My next bill using the Premium Plan is July 7, 2021.

The devices that will be using with this plan are 2 iPhone X (updated iOS 14.6), MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) and Ipad.

Thanks,

Cindy

1 Reply

Hey @Cindy0007,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

Premium Duo is a discount plan for 2 people who live together. You and your friend will each get your own Premium account, so no one shares a password and everyone keeps their own saved music and playlists.

Once you start a Premium Duo plan, you can then invite your friend to your Premium Duo plan by following these steps:

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Select Spotify Premium Duo in the menu on the left.
  3. Under People on this plan, select the option to invite or remove someone.

Invited members will receive a link to join, where they need to: 

• Confirm their full address

When you upgrade your subscription to Premium Duo, your remaining Premium time will be converted to Premium Duo. This means that your new payment date will likely be a few days earlier than usual to cover the price difference. Please note that all payments are made by the plan’s manager.

You can find more information about Premium Duo here.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts