Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Duo not working as intended - Second account is still Free subscription.,

Premium Duo not working as intended - Second account is still Free subscription.,

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

Device

iPhone 13 pro / PC / Xs

Operating System

iOS 15, Android Oreo, Windows 11

My Question or Issue

I used to have a Premium account until something happened to the credit card and I got bumped down to a free user.  I then subscribed to the Premium Duo, created a Spotify account for my wife and invited her to the plan.

I was under the understanding that the Premium Duo isn't just the Duo playlist but that both my account and my wife's would be premium.  It's been many days since I've subscribed and her account still shows that it is a Free account.

She cannot download or stream music at the highest quality despite having access to the Duo playlist.  Please advise on how to fix so that she may have Premium access please.

7 Replies

Hi there @SlashR4,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

It sounds like your wife may be logged in to a different account, which is on the free service. Ask her to log out and log back in, making sure to use the correct credentials of the account which she used to accept the invite.

If she's certain she's logged in to the correct account, ask her to log out, restart her device, and log back in.

If the issue persists, we suggest that she reaches out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a look and check what might be going on.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Carlos

I have the same issue as Newbie above. I have been a premium member for sometime. I signed up for duo for my husband on about 3 January 2023.

I have log out of Spotify my husband's cell phone and restarted it several times. I was careful to sign him in using the 'invite to duo' link I whatsapped him but it still does not show him the option to download, use the offline option or do the 'car thing'.

I have also asked for reset my password email links several times none have been received, I have searched all my folders including the spam.

Please HELP!

**bleep**

Hey @Elise18,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you don't see your husband as a member of the Duo plan on your account page, this means he still hasn't accepted your invite. In that case, you need to send him a new one and he needs to make sure that he logs in his own account when accepting it.

If he's already a member, then logging in in the same account he used when accepting the invite should resolve his issue.

If not, it's best to reach out to the folks over at Customer Support, as they're the ones who can take a closer look at this and assist you further.

We hope this helps.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm a premium member, and signed up for duo to include my wife.   Whenever she tried accepting my invite (sitting right next to me at home) she was told she was in a different country.  We're using the same wifi, and updated / restarted our phones.  After a few days of trying, I cancelled the plan.   

Hey @tightropegirl,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Your wife should check the country settings of her account and make them match the ones in your account, given that the ones in your account reflect the country you're residing in. Here is how to do that. 

Let us know how that went.

Cheers!

DianModerator

Envie um convite, que foi devidamente aceito, para utilização do plano duo. Porém a outra conta está apresentando anúncio e não permite pular música

Hey there!

Hope you don't mind us moving your post here and replying in English 🙂 

Please take a look at our replies in this thread and go over the mentioned steps.
In case the issue remains after this, do let us know and we'll gladly take a further look into it for you 🙌🏼

Many thanks!

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts