Premium Duo not working

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

My Question or Issue

I upgraded my account last night from premium to Spotify Duo. However it is still allowing only one of us to play music at a time. If I go to the account and play a song it will kick the other person off. I am the account manager for the plan. Does this simply need time to resolve and the plan to be updated or is there something else I can do to rectify this issue?

5 Replies

Hey @Sarahkate_smith, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

One great thing about Premium Duo is that each member has their own Spotify account, so you don't get interrupted when listening to your tunes when they're listening to theirs. What might've happened was the other person on the plan is on your account. 

If they have a Spotify account, head over to your account page and send an invite to the other person. You're able to send an invite by following the steps here > Invite or remove members section. If they don't have a Spotify account, they can create one here and then follow the steps above to invite them to your plan.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same issue. I have signed up for Duo. Created an account for my partner and invited him via the link, registering the address.

But it still kicks the other person off as soon as one opens the app 😞 😞

I'm about ready to cancel the duo and just go back to sharing my account illegally with him lol

Hey @Rae86!

Thanks for reaching out. We'll be happy to help you get back on track with your Duo plan.

If the music is interrupted when the other person in the plan tries to stream, it usually means that they're not logged in to the right account.

You mention that your partner has created a new account and accepted your invite. He'll then need to log out from the app and log in again with the details for the new account that he's created. He can see those on the account page.

If he has any playlists on your account he can copy them on the new account with the steps here.

Let us know how it goes.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Okay thank U. We haven’t done that yet so will give it a try.

Awesome @Rae86! We'll be here if you stumble upon any trouble 🙂

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts