Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Duo: partner account remains free, not premium

Premium Duo: partner account remains free, not premium

Plan: Duo

My Question or Issue: 

I have Premium Duo, but my partner's account remains a free subscription, not a premium account. The steps were followed, the address info is correct, so why is the account not a premium one? 

6 Replies

Hey @jaymky, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you make sure that the other member is listed as the member on your plan? You can check by visiting this page

If so, ask your partner to try logging out > restart device > log back in and let me know if that makes a difference. 

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spoiler
Hi @Billy-J

Unfortunately there wasn't any change in the account type. Please see the screenshot below. 

The only idea I have left is for my partner to create a new account under a different email, cancel her current account, and then I'll re-invite her to the Duo plan with her new account. 

Any other ideas before I try that?

Hi Billy-J

Not sure if my previous attempt to reply made it or not, so I'm replying again.

Unfortunately there was not change in account type after following the recommended steps. Please see the attachment.

Any other ideas?

Screenshot_20210108-235629_Gallery.jpg

Hey @jaymky,

Could you send me a screenshot of the subscription section of your account page? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

If there is an added account, it's possible that your partner has a secondary account. They can use the steps here to locate it.

Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

I have the same issue. Tried and tested both options but to no avail. Any help with setting up the member’s duo plan correctly?

Hey @IsoK,

For this particular case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts