Premium Failed Thailand

Plan

Free

Country

Country

Device

iPhone 6

My Question or Issue

In September I paid for 3 months of Spotify premium (a deal) with AIS as my mobile provider. When I went to renew it early this month, my payment failed. I got errors every time I tried. I contacted support and they sent me to Fortumo. My mobile provider did not show up. I tried a private window on both my iPhone and a laptop. It still failed. I don’t have a credit card but I changed all of my information to match a friend’s PayPal account. She couldn’t use either her credit card or her PayPal account. There was an error every time.  Thailand has no gift cards for Spotify yet so I’m stuck. If I can’t  pay for premium without my phone then I’ll have to wait at least three months. What is wrong with Spotify Thailand??

1 Reply

Hey @JessicaMessika,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble renewing your subscription. If your mobile provider doesn't show up when you choose Fortumo as a payment option, we do recommend that you reach out to them and ask why your specific provider doesn't show up on the list of options. They are responsible for the payment options that come up and can give you more information as to why this is happening. You can do this here

About the errors you get with your friends PayPal account - could you please make sure that the PayPal account has Thailand as a country setting? This setting has to match the one of the Spotify account for the transaction to be successful. Also - has your friend used the account to activate a trial or subscription? You can also use the page here to check if all requirements for a payment via PayPal are met.

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts