Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium For Students + Hulu not working

Solved!

Premium For Students + Hulu not working

My Question or Issue

Hi! I have Premium for Students and linked Hulu and Showtime accounts. Hulu has stopped working - I get their free trial page. I was able to get ahold of someone at Hulu and they told me Spotify cancelled my Hulu account so they could no longer help me. It sounds like this issue: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Subscription-Hulu-cancelled-after-payment-details-up... which is marked as resolved but I'm still facing it. Is there any way to unlink my Spotify from Hulu and then activate a new account, or to reactivate my Hulu?

Plan

Premium for Students

USA

Device

Macbook Pro 2018

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @clkelley,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. Sorry for the late reply on this.

You can try linking your accounts again here, preferably using an incognito or private window in your browser on a desktop device.

The ongoing issue you mention was connected to Hulu and the Premium Individual offer which is no longer available. With Student you should be able to re-link your account even when you've made changes to your payment details.

If the above tactics don't work, you can check the status of your subscription with our support team here.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @clkelley,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. Sorry for the late reply on this.

You can try linking your accounts again here, preferably using an incognito or private window in your browser on a desktop device.

The ongoing issue you mention was connected to Hulu and the Premium Individual offer which is no longer available. With Student you should be able to re-link your account even when you've made changes to your payment details.

If the above tactics don't work, you can check the status of your subscription with our support team here.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena, 

I was unable to link as you suggested, but I did reach out to support and was able to get this fixed - to anyone else running into this issue, if you cancel your Premium Student account your Hulu and Showtime get unlinked and you can re-link them when you resubscribe. Big props to support for making sure I wasn't charged twice in one month for doing this!

Suggested posts