Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Membership & Hulu

Premium Membership & Hulu

Hey Guys,

So, for something that I thought was simple it doesn't appear to be the case. I am on a Spotify Premium subscription that I signed up through a pre-paid card until October. Now, when I try to add the newly announced Hulu.com subscription it keeps wanting me to start a new subscription for premium.

Even on the top bar, when I sign into my account online, I see the attached picture. On one part of the page, it recognizes that I have a premium account but the top doesn't seem to agree. Everything I see states to go to "My Services" part of my account, which doesn't seem to exist for me.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here? I just don't see very many options.

Thanks,

- Josh

Plan

Premium

United States

SpotifyScreenshot.png
27 Replies

Hey @FixedCroissant, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

That's very odd! Could you try signing in using a different browser or incognito mode? If that doesn't help, please try changing your network connection.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just tried in-cognito mode in Chrome, makes no difference. 

It's like Spotify doesn't see that I have a premium subscription even though I do and on every device it's reflected that I have a premium subscription (phones/speakers, etc.)

For me to get Hulu, they want me to "join" a subscription plan at $9.99 which is fine ... if I had not already paid.

There has got to be others having this same issue, I know I'm not the only ones that paid for a full year and are seeing this issue.

Thanks for your reply though, I greatly appreciate it.

- Josh

I am also having this issue! I'm wondering if I "start" the subscription now, if it will effectively void my current prepaid plan (still have more than half a year left) or start charging me at the expiration of the plan.

Hey @shibbi & @FixedCroissant, welcome to the Community.
Hope you're doing great!

To be eligable and claim this offer you need to be subscribed to Spotify with a valid payment method.

Once you're get subscribed just visit www.spotify.com/hulu to get started and claim this new offer.

Hope it helps 🙂

My current membership ends in September 2019. If I subscribe now, will I be effectively forfeitting the rest of the membership since it will charge me immediately put put me onto the $9.99 per month plan?

I'm a monthly family membership subscriber, and I am having the same issue. When I click the "Get Started" button from spotify.com/hulu, I'm taken to a page that wants me to pick a new membership plan and take my credit card info -- even though I'm already logged in at the top. Additionally, it is only giving me the $9.99 option (not the $14.99 family option). So .. weird. How do I get the Hulu juices flowing without, as other people have observed, invalidating or closing the plan I am already on? (Screenshot attached)

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 5.56.07 PM.png

Hey @shibbi,

Is it a pre paid subscription, like the one @FixedCroissant showed with the screenshot?

@prorabaugh 

This deal is not available for the Spotify Premium for Family, I'm afraid that if you would like to take advantage of this deal you'd have to cancel the current plan.

Hope it helps 🙂

It is a prepaid plan, but not a family plan. I already know the family plan is not included.

It's the $100 a year plan I bought from Costco.

I have the same Costco yearly prepaid membership.  If I “subscribe” now to premium, will it void my current subscription and start charging me now or wait to charge monthly after my current prepaid subscription is finished?

Exactly right, I have the Costco membership that I purchased back in October. Glad I'm not the only one to have this issue.

Yearly membership or a $25 gift card purchased at a grocery store it's still the same. I really find the "must have a valid method of payment" to use Hulu not a reasonable answer. It's like Spotify completely disregarded those people that purchased "all-in" prior to rolling this out.

I find it funny many people online could have got this subscription from different merchants then started reading Costco. Small world.

Sounds like we don't have Hulu then. Wild..... got to wait until the end of the year? There has got to be some reasonable way or there's going to be many, more frusterated users.

Thanks for the replies guys!! First time I've ever, ever used this messageboard.

I’m having the same issue.  Not fair!

I have the answer!

My friend contacted support and they verified that subscribing to the $9.99 Spotify + Hulu plan will NOT affect your current plan for prepaid plans - it will just start charging that rate at the end of your plan. I tried it and can verify that it did not charge me, just has a message about the subscription starting when my current prepaid plan ends.

I hope that helps everyone who's confused on here!

Hey @shibbi@FixedCroissant@eeandee@George424 & @prorabaugh,

Sorry for the late reply 🙂

You can start a subscription without losing the pre-paid one you have.

Hope it helps.

But not .. it sounds to me .. add Hulu into a pre-existing family plan,
right? So individual user accounts get Hulu for free, but family plans do
not, right?

That's a bummer, though.

Yeah, from what I've read Family plans are not included in this promotion.

I am having the same issue .and yet, it clearly says I have a premium account. 

Screenshot_20190403-214503.png

Add another frustrated Spotify customer to this list! I purchased the annual prepaid Costco Premium subscription and now don't have a way to add the Hulu service unless I "re-subscribe" with a monthly Spotify Premium membership? Surely there's a way to link this Hulu service to those who have already given Spotify a year's worth of money? Any help or other ways to overcome this apparent roadblock?

I have the exact same issue.  I already have Premium and it shows that when I login.  Yet there is no 'Your Services' section when I login.  If I follow the link https://spotify.com/account/your-services/ it just redirects to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/ and shows my account info.  No mention of Hulu on any of the options on the left Nav.  

Doesn't look like there is any solution for those of us with this issue.  Really I probably don't need Hulu, but please stop emailing me at least, about an offer I can't use!

@shibbi wrote:
subscribing to the $9.99 Spotify + Hulu plan will NOT affect your current plan for prepaid plans - it will just start charging that rate at the end of your plan. I tried it and can verify that it did not charge me, just has a message about the subscription starting when my current prepaid plan ends.

Okay, that's great. But are you able to use Hulu right now? Or do you have to wait until your current prepaid plan ends?

Suggested posts