Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account cancelled early (prior to end of billing period)

Premium account cancelled early (prior to end of billing period)

I had a family account that I paid for on Mar 9th, today (Apr 3rd)  I got an email saying my account was suspended due to non payment. This is BS. My previous period was clearely paid for as is seen in my PayPal history (attached) and had 6 more days on it.

2019-04-03_14-42-04.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @JoshWobbles, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Could you try checking page here and see when your actual billing date is? It is possible your billing date is the 6th of the month, but that last month your payment was processed later than usual, hence why it appeared as the 9th.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

1) 1 was billed on the 3rd, its not even the 6th yet and its supposed to be on the 9th. It's due on the 9th, I paid on the 9th, my April payment shoulda been due on the 9th.

2) That page shows nothing except an advert to get premium as they canceled my account, like I said.

Hey, @JoshWobbles.

Your billing date is on or around the same day of the month you first subscribed to Premium.

When a regular Spotify payment doesn’t go through on the usual billing date, you will receive an email notification but you won't immediately lose your subscription. Spotify will keep trying to take the payment over the next few days.

If payment is processed late, it shouldn't affect your billing date and you'd still be charged on the same date next month. The only way to have a different billing date is to follow the steps here.

I hope this helps 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts