Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account changed into free account

Premium account changed into free account

I have been paying for preimuim for at least three years, but it suddently changed into a free account and although it seems like my account with my playlists and my login it states that it's my mom's account, with her name and picture in the corner. I logged in to my account on her iPad recently. 

I have logged out and in. Reinstalled spotify. And my no other device is using my account. 

Please help me. Thank you!

96 Replies

Hi iramicke! 

I've just put your case through to the right team, you should get an email soon 🙂 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Hi,

i am from Berlin, Germany and do have a Premium Account since 2012. Suddenly last week it changed into a free account. Since one week I am sending Spotify emails but no one seems to care or answer. I even send an email to "noreply" as well.

It would be really fantastic, if someone actually tries to help me with that problem.

Thanks,

Mirna

@mirnafunk - Have you been billed for the current time (ie. when was your last payment to Spotify)? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@peter, yes, i have been billed by spotify. i checked my account and the money was withdrawn in january and february. i contacted the support team several times this week but no one cared to get back to me. this is pretty **bleep**ed up guys. 

@mirnafunk - How do you pay for your subscription? Would you be able to post the 8-digit case number from the last time you got in touch? It is normally in the subject line of the automated reply. 

Peter

hi peter,

this is the number: 

# 01280168

i pay with SofortDauerautfrag.

thanks,

mirna

I have escalated that to the Spotify team for you to make sure it reaches the hands of someone who can help. 😉

Peter

thank you!

We'll be in touch shortly!
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

please look in on this too, i have the exact same problem and am now waiting for 4 days for someone to help me. i know that you guys have a lot to do, support really is time consuming and there are other users who are waiting even longer for someone to get in touch for help with, but i kinda need to be a  bit selfish now. digit number: 01376132

@therealibi Did you reply to the automated email from spotify as I asked you to do in the other two threads you posted to?

yes i did, and today customer service reached out to me, so heres what happened, i hope this helps some other people with the same issue:

i got in touch with a very friendly and competent customer service agent from germany, julia, and she explained that there occured somehow a malfunction with my SofortDauerauftrag payment. i think i got charged, but the money didnt transfer to spotify correctly. seems to be a problem with payment option dauerauftrag. however, because i already got charged ( i sent her a document of proof) she manually enabled my premium account and suggested to change my payment option to creditcard or paypal or the e-codes. it looks like the dauerauftrag wont be of any use as a direct payment option, instead one can buy the e-codes by sofortüberweisung and submit them. 

so to sum it up, i just had to change my payment option, because dauerauftrag wont be working anymore.

and i also want to share my joy of communicating with customer service, after the weekend was over (kind of makes sense) i got fast replies and julia was really commited to look for a solution and cleared all my questions very proficiently. so kudos on that to spotify and a big thank you to all guys from the community.

Hey Guys,

Having the same problem like @therealibi.But the customer service did not reach out yet, after sending several e-mails. Pls help me!

Digit number: 01400678

Thanks!

@ChrisM2356 - If you could reply to the automated email (even if it is from no-reply) that will ensure an adviser gets back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Same problem for me 😞 I'm sad since I'm using Spotify every single day during driving time. Seems, there's a problem with "Dauerauftrag". I got in touch with the support team as well, answered after I got an email back which doesn't help me overall. I payed, the service doesn't work, I logged off and on... My ID is 1121950374. If you could help me as well I'd appreciate that ❤️ 

If you are in touch with support, just keep replying to the emails and someone will be able to lend a hand.

Peter

Hmm.. I've got the same problem and sent spotify an e-mail. Did you get your carefully created playlists back?

Well, my playlists are still there. Just not available in offline mode - and everything is like a free account 😕

Btw.. I just found out that my facebook-spotify account ID differs from the account ID mentioned on my Paypal bill.. 😮

Same here! 3 Weeks now... Customer Service isn't helping and just refering to the FAQs and the board...really bad service.

Can't believe I'm still paying for this...

Suggested posts