Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account changed into free account

Premium account changed into free account

I have been paying for preimuim for at least three years, but it suddently changed into a free account and although it seems like my account with my playlists and my login it states that it's my mom's account, with her name and picture in the corner. I logged in to my account on her iPad recently. 

I have logged out and in. Reinstalled spotify. And my no other device is using my account. 

Please help me. Thank you!

96 Replies

Could you post the 8-digit case number from the automated reply? The Spotify guys can make sure it gets to someone who can lend a hand for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Escalating those for you now.

Peter

Thank you Peter.

I pay every month 9,99 euro's but im not premium anymore 
I started with premium since 2012-03-12, and since 29-11-2013 im not premium anymore and im still paying 9,99
Hopefully u guys can help me,
Thanks Rik

Just additional information, my username with 11 digit number is now different from the one I was assigned when I signed up for premium. I wonder if a glitch in the sysmtom changed this. I have the original 11 digit id number, and wonder if changing back to it would fix the problem.

Either way it sounds like you have two accounts now. If you get in touch here they can fix things. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

jwylot As I previosly stated I have done that, and replied to the automatic response and still havent gotting any further replies. Please stop suggesting the same adivice when it leads to no where, if you cant help me move me to someone that can.

Sorry, I didn't scroll back far enough.

It's ok, just getting frustrated with getting the same response from both ends of spotifies customer support.

@Batt6343 wrote:

Hey!

Apologies for the delay in getting back to these cases.

I've just located #01511602 and sent it over to the correct team.

You should get an email very soon.

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue.

I've had Premium for over 1 year (starting from March '13) and I've been a Spotify user since August '11.

Yesterday I found out that my Spotify account has been downgraded to free with no apparent reason.

I tried to follow a couple of guides found in the forum (about logging out and then logging back in with my original username instead of using facebook's one) but still no luck.

I immediately sent a request using the contact form, but 30 hours later still no response. I did receive an automated message, but it said that I would have received a (human) response as soon as possible.

Could anyone help me?

Case # 01511253

Thanks!

Reply directly to the automated message (even if it is from a no-reply address) and that will ensure someone gets back to you as soon as possible. 😉

Peter

Thank you. Just did it. Hope it will work 🙂

This issue has been resolved. Thank you Greg, I was emailed about this, but this member was having a hard to finding the account. The account was restored by another team member has a result of a bbb complaint. I hated to file it, but after get pushed from email to online forum and back, I felt it was necessary. My account is restored with playlist, thank you. I am happy with the resolution, and only wish spotify would man a phone number for issues such as this.

Thank you again.

i have the same problem like the majority. my premium account changed into a free account since last week. although i am paying with the automatic bill payment also called in german "sofortdauerauftrag". since last week i am trying to ask for a solution, send emails with a copy of  the bankreceipts. but i did not get a answer on my emails. the only answer and question from spotify was to tell any alternative emails, but i have just one email-address!

Spotify Fall # 01537108

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0dq5fE:ref

thank you very much!

Keep exchanging emails with spotuify as only they can get this sorted for you.

i dont get a answer anymore..

@Human - When was your last contact?

Peter

on monday..

Suggested posts