Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account

Premium account

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

After Spotify deleted my account,then activated it again. It says get premium in the left corner on this forum. It never did this before. And I’ve checked if I still have premium,and that I do. But support chat said I needed to wait a month from to day to active my premium account again,or it would automatically go to free subscription. But another support chat person said I’ve could active premium right away. So I did straight away. Thanks everybody!

6 Replies

Hey @user-removed, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

It seems like you already contacted Customer Support. Do you need any more help with this issue?

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If you call that support,then I’m god. They did their best,but it was a pain... The guy didn’t know how I had connected my hi fi set up with my iPad and my iPhone,and how I could use them as a remote! He hadn’t heard of Spotify Connect. Then I asked, if you don’t know what you’re doing could please connect to someone who can. No,we chatted for 2,3 hours! Just stupid. He didn’t understand how it could stop/pause and so on. Of course the support employees are learned not to say any negative. So after a while a lady helped me delete my account,and then activate it again. But now my username is something completely else in my profile then it’s here,that’s just stupid. They said it had stay that way forever. And all my playlist is puff in the air. But I guess in the end it all went alright,at least it works now. No more pausing and such. And I hope it stays that way. But why my profile name is different,I have now idea. I want it to be same on both the app and on Spotify.com! Thanks! Ps. All this I’m not a robot check before I post a message here,is stupid.

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for your feedback - glad to hear that you were able to have your issue resolved with the help of our Customer Support team 🙂

As regards your username, make sure to check out this support article, which will give you some more info about usernames on Spotify.

Take care!

Well support did their best,only problem they took their time. Support had not heard of Spotify Connect for an example. But the name can’t be change no matter what you say. Support said this to me. But thanks for your reply. Have a nice day.

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

If your Spotify account was created through Facebook, we'd recommend following the steps provided in this Spotify Answer to update your displayed name.

Keep in mind that usernames are automatically generated, so are usually a string of random numbers and letters.

However, when you sign up for a new account through Spotify, you're prompted to choose a display name. This is how your friends can find you on Spotify, but you won't be able to log in using it. You can access your account with your email and password instead.

Unfortunately, you can't edit your Spotify username or the displayed name you've picked. If you do want to change it, you can find more info about your next steps here.

Hope this helps clarify things! We'll be happy to lend a hand if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Thanks. I’ve just let the issue be. I did not create an account trough Facebook. Only trough Spotify homepage. I appreciate your reply. Thanks.

Suggested posts