Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium for Family and Contact Us

Solved!

Premium for Family and Contact Us

Can I please flame here to say how pathetic Spotify is, especially when trying to contact Spotify over an issue concerning Family Premium service.

The issue I have is that I have a Premiums Family account. When I try to sign up my family, Spotify insists that he's in a different country. This is impossible since he's sitting right beside me.

Yes he was overseas studying, but he is back home now. How on earth do I connect him.

Why does Spotify not have a proper email support contact us form. Instead I have to pore over this sorry website to find some answer buried deep in a hole. 

It is annoying that in this day and age, tech support can be so uncivilised.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bloodyfool0! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

No worries! - Your family member just has to change his country to the country he's in. You can read more about how to do that here. After that, you can add him to your Spotify Family. 🙂 I'll be here if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @bloodyfool0! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

No worries! - Your family member just has to change his country to the country he's in. You can read more about how to do that here. After that, you can add him to your Spotify Family. 🙂 I'll be here if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day!

HuboSpotify Star

Hello,

I'm having the same problem.  I have a free account that for some reason seems to have been created in the USA even though I'm from Canada.  My parents have a premium family and have invited me, but I can't join because it says im in the USA.

I've followed the instructions that you posted to change country about 10 times, but it doesn't work.  My country is stuck on the USA and when I try to change it in my account settings the only option is the USA. I enter my Canadian Postal code and try to save it, but it won't let me as the country is USA and again - no option or way to change it.

I've tried to contact support via email, but just get a generic reply saying to ask the community.  Please switch me to Canada ASAP so I can join our canadian premium family plan!

Hey @taliapurvis! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Spotify looks at your IP address to gather your location. Are you using a proxy, VPN or work network that might show an US IP address? Let me know! 🙂

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

We sometime use www.unblock-us.com for tv viewing.  But it is currently set to canada - I did check that already.  

Any more suggestions?

Thanks for helping so quickly!

I also am having difficulty with spotify technical issues. The site has no contact info for assistance, I have submitted problem and the reply was we are working on it. I have been battling the problem for over a month. I do like the music on Spotify but if it does not work I will go to others for my music streaming.

Hey @taliapurvis!

That's definitely weird! You can contact someone from Spotify using this form. Someone will take a look backstage and make sure everything's okay! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Hey @JLeitzinger! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool. Could you tell me about your issue? Maybe I can help you out! 🙂

Have a nice day!

HuboSpotify Star

No Play Lists available on smart TV. This started about a month ago! I also have music streaming with others. There playlists feature works great. With Spotify play list works on other devices just fine. On the weekends when sharing music listening with others in the main room I use the sound experience through smart TV.  I have spoken to Spotify about this over the last 2 weeks. No resolve to the problem! 

Where is Spotify customer service?

thank you!

Hi again Huib,

I just used that form (it was the same one I used before) and i just got a generic answer back saying to try the community, etc.  No promise of extra help!

Can you please put me in touch with someone that can really help?!

Thank you!

Hi @taliapurvis!

Just reply to that e-mail (about going to the Community) and your issue will be with the right folks. I'll be here if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Thank you

Sorry Huib, but that didn't work.

The only available country in the drop down list is "US". There is no other country listed in the drop down list.

Please try to provide the answer again. And no, I'm not using VPN/geoblocker etc.

Hey @bloodyfool0!

You can reach out to someone from Spotify using this form. Someone will take a look backstage! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Suggested posts